Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Neutral for Djokovic. Feeder isn't winning now, let alone the future. It won't effect Nadal at all, because he'll retire before Feeder.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts
Neutral for Djokovic. Feeder isn't winning now, let alone the future. It won't effect Nadal at all, because he'll retire before Feeder.

Pardon the voice texting. I, obviously, meant Federer.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hard to say, as it looks like Federer will play until at least the end of 2020 and likely into 2021.

With Nadal looking on his way down at the moment, it is hard to say where he will be in 1 or 2 years. He could have a resurgence a la Roger, or his injuries could force an earlier-than-expected retirement if he continues his current form.

Federer leaving would help Djokovic, as he is the only player today that you would say is about 50/50 with Nole under some circumstances. As their domination of the tour diminishes, they aren't meeting as often.

I think Fed's retirement will be more of a boost to guys like Delpo, Nishikori, Anderson, Cilic, etc. who are more likely to get taken out by him in QFs.

·
Your visions will happen
47,139 Posts
They will finally know the total tally, the final finish line of statistics to aim for

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
They will finally know the total tally, the final finish line of statistics to aim for
:lol:

And then will they simply target it and ruthlessly collect 4 more or 6 more?

:rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

·
Your visions will happen
47,139 Posts
:lol:

And then will they simply target it and ruthlessly collect 4 more or 6 more?

:rolls: :rolls: :rolls:
Pretty much, yes

It's one of the main reasons Fed has stuck around so long or else he'd have already had his records passed by now

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Neutral for both of them especially Djokovic. It doesn't really matter.

Fed can still threat Rafa on HC but not Nole. Maybe on grass but I doubt that one too. Why are we retiring Fed again :eek:? He is still active, no?

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
One thing is for sure, when Rogie retires after collecting his third Laver Cup this year in Geneva, Nole will have the clear path to passing Rogie in terms of year end number 1s and ATP world tour finals titles, 2 of the most important records. With Rogie retiring he won’t have a chance to add to those, and will have to rely on other players blocking Nole

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Smaller crowds in stadiums.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Neutral for both of them especially Djokovic. It doesn't really matter.

Fed can still threat Rafa on HC but not Nole. Maybe on grass but I doubt that one too. Why are we retiring Fed again :eek:? He is still active, no?
I would have picked 2017 IW Fed over 2018 USO Novak.
But then Fed looked better than Novak before 2015 Wimbledon and USO too, but never had a chance to win the final. He made the matches close and that's about it.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm thinking it will be neutral to Nadal, but it could be negative to Djokovic.
Nadal ddoesn't care about others.
But Djokovic is too emotional, I am afraid an ATP with no one to hate is too boring for Djokovic, although Federer 's records are still there.

I hugely want another Federer-Djokovic classic, like, USO final, 5 bloody sets. To see Federer's last try before dying and Djokovic give his all to try to stop.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Depends on who will retire first :D
consider everything, I can't deny there is possibility that Nadal or Djokovic retire before Federer. Not much, but it is possible. For Nadal, it will be physical, for Djokovic, it will be psychological.
And it will be a joke.
If it did happen, Federer's longevity will be on universe high. I mean, How does he do it?

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
I'm thinking it will be neutral to Nadal, but it could be negative to Djokovic.
Nadal ddoesn't care about others.
But Djokovic is too emotional, I am afraid an ATP with no one to hate is too boring for Djokovic, although Federer 's records are still there.

I hugely want another Federer-Djokovic classic, like, USO final, 5 bloody sets. To see Federer's last try before dying and Djokovic give his all to try to stop.
Yes, I'd love to see another great match between these 2 giants of the game. I'm just not sure it will happen but let's hope so :)

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
It depends when will he retire.

If he retires at 41/42 and Rafole is not among the main GS contenders by that time, then it will not be the same as if they are still among the top contenders.

consider everything, I can't deny there is possibility that Nadal or Djokovic retire before Federer. Not much, but it is possible. For Nadal, it will be physical, for Djokovic, it will be psychological.
And it will be a joke.
If it did happen, Federer's longevity will be on universe high. I mean, How does he do it?
I can well imagine Nadal playing at MC-MD-Rome-RG in his wheelchair.

There is enough events on the clay Feb-July that he could just enter AO + clay + maybe Wimb, and not many will have a clue how to play against relatively fit & fresh 35-38 y.o. Oldal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts