Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's about time they acknowledge a face out of America! You can't deny THIS kid's talent! Lovely game he has! Although I have not taken a liking to him, I see a better future for him than roddick!:D

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
I hope he qualifies so I can watch his first round match.

But seeing as he's French, I'm not sure we'll go into "hype overload" with him.

At least not in North America we won't.

Our French posters might feel different about that though ;)

·
Registered
904 Posts

He would either win a slam so he can live up to the hype...

or

Date Gasquet, at least to get some of the attention the other is getting:D :D :D you know what they say...If you can't beat them:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
i feel an attack of poesie coming on...:eek:

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Im worried about this. Gasquet is almost getting this super-pressure over him, due to the enormous attention he attracted. Thats cool and everything, but it can get very bad for the kid´s development as a better player.

Please dont let such a big talent be overwhelmed by overhyping.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
i think gasquet won't get as much attention because he's not american

·
Registered
752 Posts
I kept hearing about this kid during, I think Monte Carlo?, when he got through qualifying, then beat Squillari in the 1st rd, but then lost to Safin in the 2nd rd. Hopefully we'll get a chance to see him. Very curious.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
he has talent and he's fearless. i enjoyed watching him spank Squillari. thanks for the reminder...;) ;)

·
Banned
991 Posts
I had the chance to see king Richard playing against Caretti... A very boring match, embarassing for Caretti ;) There is no doubt that Richard :kiss: will be number 1 one day, and Andy will be number 2 not far behind ;)

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Not as much hype as Roddick's but still the media loves him, & so do the commentators of Eurosport. Just too bad we cant have a serve/volley kid wonder. I miss those :(

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
a spanking is a beating. i didn't say he destroyed him, just that he spanked him. which he did regardless of the score...:p ;)

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 29 Posts