Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started running a new OS and now the MTF forms don't display the way I prefer. On the old OS I never saw a horizontal scroll bar at the page bottom. Please tell me how to banish horizontal scroll.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What OS are you running on? Otherwise, try zooming out.

KN Community Support
Thanks for the reply.

The new OS is Windows 8.1 x64. There was no horizontal scroll bar when I was running Windows 7 x64. Zooming out does not get rid of the scroll bar no matter how small I make the text. My browser is the latest non-beta Firefox but the behavior is the same with IE.

No other site that I visit has a horizontal scroll bar that can't be zoomed out of.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
^ I'm also using Windows 8.1, and I also have a horizontal scroll bar. I use google chrome as a browser. So it's may be windows 8 thing. However, I didn't even notice the scroll bar until you brought it up :lol: And I can't remember if I had one when I was using Windows 7.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ I'm also using Windows 8.1, and I also have a horizontal scroll bar. I use google chrome as a browser. So it's may be windows 8 thing. However, I didn't even notice the scroll bar until you brought it up :lol: And I can't remember if I had one when I was using Windows 7.
This is the only site where I've observed this behavior. The next time I load a Windows 7 image I'll check to see if there is any difference. The scroll bar should disappear when not needed.

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts
I'm on Windows 7 x64 and I also have the horizontal bar. Moreover, when I choose the blue forum skin, the bar is gone, and when I choose the 2007/default, the bar comes back. So it's obviously not OS-dependent, it's forum settings.

·
Come on, Ernest!
17,055 Posts
I also have the horizontal bar, I'm on Windows 7 with Firefox. It appeared a long time ago. Maybe 2 years ago? It really annoyed me at first but now I'm used to it. But I still want to remove it. I mean, I want the site developers to remove it, it looks really stupid.

Moderators, please raise this issue to the site owner!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts