Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:scared::scared:

Chile prohibits abortion even in the case of ra-pe or fetal malformation. A new campaign offers women a variety of extreme measures to stop the pregnancy "accidentally" - falling down the stairs or "falling" on a fire hydrant

http://www.ilovechile.cl/accidentally-abort-chile/

Neanderthals:facepalm:

·
RAVE ON
19,455 Posts
:scared::scared:

Chile prohibits abortion even in the case of ra-pe or fetal malformation. A new campaign offers women a variety of extreme measures to stop the pregnancy "accidentally" - falling down the stairs or "falling" on a fire hydrant

http://www.ilovechile.cl/accidentally-abort-chile/

Neanderthals:facepalm:
Neanderthal is a bit extreme. There are many countries where abortion is against the law.

Punky, you do not seem to be aware that the ads are not actually offering women a variety of measures to bring about an abortion.
They are merely a satirical commentary on how unfair the present laws are. Using shock tactics to get people's attention.

·
Registered
36,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Neanderthal is a bit extreme. There are many countries where abortion is against the law.

Punky, you do not seem to be aware that the ads are not actually offering women a variety of measures to bring about an abortion.
They are merely a satirical commentary on how unfair the present laws are. Using shock tactics to get people's attention.

you know I can understand (barely) from a religious pov reasons when two people having sex and the woman get pregnant but from rap-e or if theres a problem with the baby, come on:eek::eek::eek:

thats a 12st Century not 21st Century.

btw u can add the rest of the countries to the same category as chile

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Woman on Waves do very good work on this sort of thing

·
Registered
15,791 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I think you were looking for abraxas but still... :lol: Well, it's a satirical thing indeed. At the moment, in our country there is a big discussion about this issue, obviously many people want to change the law.

I'm not in favour of abort by request, but I think the chilean law is retrograde and needs to be changed urgently.

Indeed, and people forget not just places like Africa; Chile, Ireland amongst others all still have still have these laws :sad:

http://www.theguardian.com/global-d.../-sp-abortion-rights-around-world-interactive
In Ireland you can abort if there is life risk, in Chile not even that. And if you try to do it, you are a criminal and the police can arrest you (that's probably the worst part).

·
Registered
5,494 Posts

·
RAVE ON
19,455 Posts
you know I can understand (barely) from a religious pov reasons when two people having sex and the woman get pregnant but from rap-e or if theres a problem with the baby, come on:eek::eek::eek:

thats a 12st Century not 21st Century.

It is still not clear whether you think prohibition of abortion is Neanderthal or the methods of abortion recommended on Chilean TV ads are Neanderthal.

But I would not criticize other countries. Not eating pork or shellfish today, based on lack of safety in refrigeration methods 2000 years ago seems pretty Neanderthal to me.

Similarly, when I was in Israel I could not put meat and dairy on the same plate in the hotel. Neanderthal.

·
Registered
17,815 Posts
Almost in all latinamerica is against the law but only in Chile, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Saint Martin Honduras, Dominican Republic and Nicaragua is completely forbidden even if the mother is in risk.

In almost all the rest of countries in latinamerica is legal only if there is life risk, doesn't care if it was a **** or there is a fetal malformation (Exceptions: Brazil, Colombia, Panama and Saint Vincent) there could be another countries but this is all that I can find

·
The Master
1,102 Posts
It's 2015, and places with these laws exist.

I wouldn't even think of Chile as being one of the more primitive countries anyway, so God help you if you try to live in the ones that truly are third-world.

Faith in humanity -1.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
It is still not clear whether you think prohibition of abortion is Neanderthal or the methods of abortion recommended on Chilean TV ads are Neanderthal.

But I would not criticize other countries. Not eating pork or shellfish today, based on lack of safety in refrigeration methods 2000 years ago seems pretty Neanderthal to me.

Similarly, when I was in Israel I could not put meat and dairy on the same plate in the hotel. Neanderthal.
if you're neanderthal for some reasons, it's not preventing you to call out other neanderthal things, does it?

#notjudging, #nonofmybiz, #neanderthalnonetheless

·
RAVE ON
19,455 Posts
if you're neanderthal for some reasons, it's not preventing you to call out other neanderthal things, does it?

#notjudging, #nonofmybiz, #neanderthalnonetheless
Who cares?

The point is that Punky seems to have started this thread because she thought the advice to get hit by a car or fall on a fire hydrant was genuine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts