·
Registered
13,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Nadal improved his serve? :superlol:

Maybe if he didn't get broken 6 times per match by mugs like Golubev, I'd agree with this :eek:

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Can you sue someone for not getting credit for helping improving their serve? Did they sign a contract? Was Rafa required to acknowledge this Senor Borras' help improving his serve? Does Senor Borras expect Nadal's US Open trophy in exchange for his services?

:confused:

·
Registered
13,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nadal improved his serve? :superlol:

Maybe if he didn't get broken 6 times per match by mugs like Golubev, I'd agree with this :eek:
did you even watch the video?

the whole point is Nadal improved his serve dramatically in 2010 but that his old habits have returned in '11.

this is a technical explanation to some possible reasons why.

·
Registered
13,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you sue someone for not getting credit for helping improving their serve? Did they sign a contract? Was Rafa required to acknowledge this Senor Borras' help improving his serve? Does Senor Borras expect Nadal's US Open trophy in exchange for his services?

:confused:
I have no idea what his legal rights are but I'd be pretty pissed if I were him and I had to listen to Rafa's "grip change" story (that nobody with an ounce of sense ever bought in the first place)

The video seems genuine but the fact that its release coincides with a lawsuit means we have to view it with at least some degree of scepticism

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I don't blame Rafa, I'm on his side. As long as he paid the guy money, that's all that matters. He doesn't have to mention the prick's name, otherwise other players will find out, and the competition could get tougher. You don't want people to find out about your secrets.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
How classy of the Nadals! :haha:

·
Registered
29,419 Posts
Oh this thread should be good. :aplot:

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Good thing you have nothing to do with the legal system. Guilty before proven innocent is your motto...
I wasn't aware MTF was a court of law :haha:

Well, you can't deny the footage- or the fact that the guy never got any credit(not once, in the endless hours of commentary during 2010 USO, was this guy mentioned)- so that's enough proof for me.

·
ツ
7,561 Posts
VERY interesting. Nadal is a very good student to be able to change his serve so dramatically when already the 2nd best player. He needs a refresher course from Borras to get his serve back to where it was. I'm not sure if he's going to get it now. :(

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I wasn't aware MTF was a court of law :haha:

Well, you can't deny the footage- or the fact that the guy never got any credit(not once, in the endless hours of commentary during 2010 USO, was this guy mentioned)- so that's enough proof for me.
No player's camp has the obligation to provide specifics on who is doing what and when for what I would think are obvious reasons.

Whether in fact this guy was one of several people or what precisely he did and when is simply not discernible from a few minutes of a commentated video which appears as if by coincidence at this moment as the coach in question seeks some sort of recompense or publicity which should be enough to induce caution.

I realize this being MTF, just the opposite will occur.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts