Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when you see players like Nadal, Ferrer, Hewitt that are able to run forever so quick, and you might ask yourself how do they do this? Or players such as Monfils, Gonzalez or Tsonga that are so powerful and explosive. Here it's a link for a channel on youtube with some exercises that professional and junior players do to get Fit. If you are a tennis player yourself, you might want to try this.

www.youtube.com/user/aspillaga

Greetings from Kentucky!

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Murray doesn't even get a mention in a shameless single post video views advert. How could you by-pass those thick legs?

Now I'm miffed.

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
i could give you my thoughts on this topic but there are certain things in players' diets that MTF doesn't let us talk about :mad:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you mean by his calves, those are mainly genes. I do not just talk muscularly. There are many players that are extremely fit but aren't muscular

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Genes. Don't think you saw the spindly kid that first appeared on challengers mate.

Good job on not leaving it at one post though. Kudos, you aren't a bot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Of course he wasn't as strong as his early ages your right. But you also have to consider that he was much younger. He is still young and Tennis Players keep developing their bodies til ages 21-23. Thanks for your interest!

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Of course he wasn't as strong as his early ages your right. But you also have to consider that he was much younger. He is still young and Tennis Players keep developing their bodies til ages 21-23. Thanks for your interest!
Take back your gratitude for my interest and edit your post. It should read:

"Sometimes when you see players like Nadal, Ferrer, Hewitt and of course Murray that are able to run forever so quick.."

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you should have an instructional pace, and then demonstrate your professional pace.
Thank you for your feedback! The reason why I do not do that is because I do not do the whole thing for free. Me and my brother have been working on this for a while and he got offered a contract to make videos and sell them on DVDS recently with a professional instructional company!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Take back your gratitude for my interest and edit your post. It should read:

"Sometimes when you see players like Nadal, Ferrer, Hewitt and of course Murray that are able to run forever so quick.."
Whatever man, I am giving some examples just to make it easier for the people. I'm sure i am leaving many other players as well. Otherwise I could mention Berdych, Wawrinka, Kohlschreiber,etc.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
damn, so we're your testing audience. I want a cut or no more tips.
hahaha more than testing, I am just introducing these exercises for the people that don't know them and get their interest. These are exercises that has been used with players such as Gaston Gaudio, Marcelo Rios, Nicolas Massu,and Guillermo Coria in their best moments and even Del Potro today.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Whatever man, I am giving some examples just to make it easier for the people. I'm sure i am leaving many other players as well. Otherwise I could mention Berdych, Wawrinka, Kohlschreiber,etc.
You think Wawrinka and Berdych can run forever? You obviously haven't watched them play

These sound like excuses to leave out Murray.

Reactions: Deathless Mortal

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You think Wawrinka and Berdych can run forever? You obviously haven't watched them play

These sound like excuses to leave out Murray.
I did not say they can run forever. I said they are FIT. You can think whatever you like from Murray, he is a great player and surely strong but not worth to make such a big deal about it either.

Certain things do help fitness like you guys said haha. Too bad that the ATP is not able to cover all of the players that had been caught! (Gasquet, Canas, Etc)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah this, surely it is so easy.
I do not think is inept. The ATP protects the player so they are not exposed to TV or anything like that. This is very corrupt from the ATP to hide it when in other sports is more strict to not take Anabolics or drugs. However, is not as bad as American Football haha. I am more than positive that the ATP knew whatever Agassi was taking. I doubt they wanted to accuse a former number one because it would hurt the sport so bad. The ATP punished him under the table with money.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Having the most inept drugtesting of any major sport certainly helps with players getting "fit".
same answer for you. I do not think is inept. The ATP protects the player so they are not exposed to TV or anything like that. This is very corrupt from the ATP to hide it when in other sports is more strict to not take Anabolics or drugs. However, is not as bad as American Football haha. I am more than positive that the ATP knew whatever Agassi was taking. I doubt they wanted to accuse a former number one because it would hurt the sport so bad. The ATP punished him under the table with money.

www.youtube.com/aspillaga

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Some have great genes (like Monfils) some train like mad men some dope.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts