Mens Tennis Forums banner

What are your knocking habits?

• I knock everytime before I try to use a single public toilet.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I knock sometimes before I try to use a single public toilet.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I don't knock before I try to use a single public toilet.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other. Please Explain

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NT can be pretty mundane, so I wanted to bring up a topic near and dear to many of our hearts:

Knocking on Public Bathroom Doors.

I was in my local Starbucks, reaping the sows of my coffee in Starbuck's public bathroom.

Skipping past all the s***, I fortunately locked the door, but still had 5 people try the door handle.

What if I did not lock the door or forget and someone just barged in?

I mean before I entered, I made sure to knock on the door to see if anyone was in their.

Knocking on the door seems to be common courtesy in my mind...but maybe I have missed something.

Discuss and tell me your knocking habits.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
NT is really peaking these days. GOAT stuff.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
I cringe everytime I see Kowchi is the OP.

My answer though:
I usually knock, once. If you don't hear me knocking on your door, I won't mind, I'll break the door down even if you're in.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
I always knock on any closed door whatever it is.. But I try not to go to public bathrooms unless it is very urgent or I am travelling, etc..

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
As if I need permission from some beta to use the toilet just because he got there first.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
I never touch anything related to public bathrooms, including doors and stuff.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
I shoot and then ask questions later. By public bathroom, do you mean the men's or women's room?

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
I don't knock. You should lock the door.
If you didn't it's probably worse for me (what I had to see) than for you (assuming you're just doing what one is supposed to be doing in a washroom). :shrug:

I shoot and then ask questions later. By public bathroom, do you mean the men's or women's room?
If it's a single-person bathroom (one room, one toilet, no stalls -- pretty much like what you'd have at home), it shouldn't matter if it's men's or women's. I just ignore those signs on the door. If only one person at a time is in the room, what is the sense of designating one men's and another women's?? :confused: Total nonsense.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
0 knocks m8.

If you forget to lock the door, then it's your fault.

I must mention that I have never walked in on someone defecating (a few times I have on someone letting the yellow river flow), and I fully intend to keep this streak in tact.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Sticky this thread. OP needs help with potty training. :hug: :baby:

·
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sticky this thread. OP needs help with potty training. :hug: :baby:

Starbuck's coffee needs to not go through my system so fast.

Has a firehouse effect that no man can conquer.

And I lock the door every time, for those pointing fingers.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
never seen one that doesn't have any signage whether occupied or free..

And would never get how on earth would anyone be in such a place without locking the door.

It doesn't really happen in my world..

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Had a traumatising experience at school once, where I just barged in and found some kid on the bog, who instantly started wailing.

That wasn't the traumatic part though. Having to write lines on the board about bog etiquette was the traumatic part.

These days I knock and if there's no reply, I check for shoes underneath, before going in. Bog etiquette can kiss my toilet seat.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
I open the door very slowly so that anyone in there has the chance to shout. Providing they aren't concentrating too hard on something else...
This.

"Cautious entry" is my motto.

Situational awareness is also important, because if you are drinking the coffee in the store, you ought to know, by the time it passes through you, whether the bathroom is occupied.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts