Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is this article in BBC.
I used to think the same way.

In order to beat Djokovic...direct your shots towards his forehand. Not only Nadal but anyone can use this strategy.
Also show variety (like slicing, volleying etc.) and don't hit the ball in the place (direction) for more than 2 times.
And last but not the least....is Serve well....don't allow djokovic to guess which direction you are serving.

How Nadal can beat Djokovic

1. Finish to the forehand: Nadal lost the opening set in 2014 overplaying the Serb's backhand, resulting in only four forehand winners. In set two, he finished with 85 % of forehand winners squarely directed at Djokovic's forehand side.

2. First serves to the forehand: Djokovic has the world's best backhand return, and Nadal's lefty slice naturally goes there. When Nadal beat Djokovic in Monte Carlo 2012, Djokovic did not hit a single backhand return from a first serve.

3. Run around forehands: Nadal's forehand must be the most dominant shot on the court for him to advance. In order to successfully achieve that, he must hit more forehands than backhands standing in the deuce (right-hand) court.

4. Serve and forehand: Nadal loves to hit a forehand as the first shot after the serve. When Nadal beat Djokovic at the 2013 US Open, Nadal hit 78% forehands as the first shot after the serve, and at Monte Carlo 2012 it was 81%.

5. Bold on break points: The toughest point in tennis to win in recent years is arguably break point on Nadal's serve. In the 2012 Rome final against Djokovic, Nadal faced six break points in the second set and saved them all.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/tennis/32977228

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Here is an easier explanation: by showing up tomorrow.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just showing up to win? Its not going to happen...He is Djokovic the in form top player of the year.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Just showing up to win? Its not going to happen...He is Djokovic the in form top player of the year.
Which is exactly what I said. If he shows up in form, he wins. Period. He might even blow out Rafa. If he doesn't, Becker goes fishing

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
In regards to the 1st point, I have already made many posts through detailed analysis about this already.

·
Come on, Ernest!
17,055 Posts
Which is exactly what I said. If he shows up in form, he wins. Period. He might even blow out Rafa. If he doesn't, Becker goes fishing
The question was about Nadal beating Djokovic, not the other way around :facepalm:

On topic, I'm sure these strategies are nothing new to players and coaches, it's just very difficult to successfully execute them :shrug:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The question was about Nadal beating Djokovic, not the other way around :facepalm:

On topic, I'm sure these strategies are nothing new to players and coaches, it's just very difficult to successfully execute them :shrug:
Well said....I was about to post the same....What would be his IQ levels...and this guy is supported by some mods here unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Really ? Nadal won RG in 2014 because Djokovic was sick. He was getting outplayed and only had his chasing the ball around tactic like the Moonballdal he is whenever Djokovic was playing somewhat good at the beginning. 2012 MC Djokovic's grandap had died so he wasn't feeling great there.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Really ? Nadal won RG in 2014 because Djokovic was sick. He was getting outplayed and only had his chasing the ball around tactic like the Moonballdal he is whenever Djokovic was playing somewhat good at the beginning. 2012 MC Djokovic's grandap had died so he wasn't feeling great there.
Its not time for your excuses....this thread is to discuss on how to beat djokovic....
Fed fans prove their intelligence always.

Stop your hate.

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
The only way Nadal can beat Djokovic is in a hypothetical matchup situation.

2010 Nadal vs 1993 Novak aged 6.

Nadal in 5. 10-8 in the fifth.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Rafa is in trouble nowadays when a player is able to hit deep to prevent his forehand stepping into the court.

Djok just has to hold serve easier with his new found serve and contest every service game of Nadal.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Beating Djoker requires all court attacking game with power.

he dont have the power in his arms. Djoker forehand dosent damage anyone.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Did you send the memo to Nadal or atleast Toni.

Twitter can be used as well. Desperate times need desperate measures.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
The only way Nadal can win today is if Djokovic gets sick, injured or if umpire cheats and steals the win from No1e again.

Sorry, but there is no other way. No clueless BBC or other media hype analysis can change this simple fact.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts