Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't get me wrong. There are far more important issues than a forum. But this is on the forum, so therefore very relevant.

Many of us, in small ways me included, come on here out of habit and routine, with no tennis on and big problems offline, this is the opportunity to break the habit for many. I myself even log on way less at the moment.

Personally MTF wont lose me as i still have some things to do...Number 1 rank in each of the games....find out the nationality of @Monsi.... whether guitarra is a dickhead or a good guy. Some things have been conquered like seeing a @cmchelsea popcon title/ @a1canada as a mod/a compliment from @Budadiii

BUT

The Question is a legit one.... MTF was already lower usage than normal, with the site update and the pandemic, how much trouble are we in?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
No matter who we root for or are tards of, like the rest of society, at this time we must put our differences aside & support feIIow members who contribute to this forum in any positive & progressive way possibIe because no matter how different our views or backgrounds may b, we come together when there is a crisis in the sport we passionateIy foIIow & support so I look forward to reading alternative ways to keep tennis flowing again from creative members.

·
justice for all
12,911 Posts
My activity these days is much lesser too. Many topics are corona-related and I feel like I should limit myself regarding the "corona" news. Because it's all so pessimistic that it's too easy to get depressed. I try to redirect my attention to different matters which ain't easy at all now because we are being bombarded by it from every direction but at the end of the day it should be much healthier to sort of "dose" all this corona information.
I like many people here including those which I disliked previously or I had brawls with. Life is just too short to lose time for unnecessary bickers.
Once tennis restarts I will try to be back firing on all cylinders. But as for now - I'll probably tone it down considerably.

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
Once tennis restarts I will try to be back firing on all cylinders.
Oh boy, we should expect record-breaking number of Fakers and Dulls here.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Nah... by that time they may be well retired... and then I'll call them great champions.
Wouldn't bet on it, neither Toni nor Pepe will surrender to Mirka. As true Spaniards they'll fight till the end. Prevail or die with honour. Won't even mention Srdjan the ultimate Serbian warrior.

This epic behind-the-scene war is far from ending, stay tuned.

·
10,118 Posts
Don't get me wrong. There are far more important issues than a forum. But this is on the forum, so therefore very relevant.

Many of us, in small ways me included, come on here out of habit and routine, with no tennis on and big problems offline, this is the opportunity to break the habit for many. I myself even log on way less at the moment.

Personally MTF wont lose me as i still have some things to do...Number 1 rank in each of the games....find out the nationality of @Monsi.... whether guitarra is a dickhead or a good guy. Some things have been conquered like seeing a @cmchelsea popcon title/ @a1canada as a mod/a compliment from @Budadiii

BUT

The Question is a legit one.... MTF was already lower usage than normal, with the site update and the pandemic, how much trouble are we in?
Yeah best mod choice in 2020.

A man of the people.

I have suggested NextGenKing should be working side by side with Steve to set MTF straight, but no response yet.

To your point, we will be fine. MTF will never die until tennis is wiped off the face of the earth.... forever. I've been enjoying the general feeling of togetherness we have felt in the past two weeks.
I don't enjoy the situation and broader doom of this whole thing, but Nadal, Djokovic and Federer fans are all in the same situation and the GOAT race is seeming more meaningless day by day...

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
As of right this moment maybe so but as soon as the green Iight to pIay is given, miIestones wiII instantIy b on the Iine again & big 3 at the forefront.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I feel the time has come to do the unthinkable and resurrect some epic tards that got banned. Its the only way to save MTF, we can't afford that much "quality control" anymore. We need every traffic we can get, even if it gets provided by total nutcases. I would start with:
@Boss
@Clay Death
@Slade

Mods, you know its the only way. Just let them loose, sit back and enjoy the show.

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
Wouldn't bet on it, neither Toni nor Pepe will surrender to Mirka. As true Spaniards they'll fight till the end. Prevail or die with honour. Won't even mention Srdjan the ultimate Serbian warrior.

This epic behind-the-scene war is far from ending, stay tuned.
Absolutely. El Padrino already pulled the strings and postponed RG to september but even this might not be enough against Federer clan's evil action. His next step (changing USO surface to clay) should compensate for this lost year. As for Pepe, he'd better stay away from Novak!

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
10,118 Posts
I feel the time has come to do the unthinkable and resurrect some epic tards that got banned. Its the only way to save MTF, we can't afford that much "quality control" anymore. We need every traffic we can get, even if it gets provided by total nutcases. I would start with:
@Boss
@Clay Death
@Slade

Mods, you know its the only way. Just let them loose, sit back and enjoy the show.
You will have to go to Steve on the first one. VS made that decision, which has never happened in MTF history.

I actually don't know why Claydeath got banned, he was pretty tame.

Slade was another bizarre guy and when he and Boss were active at the same time.... it was intriguing to say the least.

You have to find your popcorn through another avenue.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Does Steve actually exist? I think it's just a bot writing random replies. No human team can possibly be that dumb and incompetent.

·
justice for all
12,911 Posts
@Boss
@Clay Death
@Slade

Don't forget about Chico/ Floki. He was probably the best of all of them. I really enjoyed his meltdowns.

·
10,118 Posts
Don't forget about Chico/ Floki. He was probably the best of all of them. I really enjoyed his meltdowns.
If you could talk to Chico outside of Djokovic he was pretty sane. Back in 15 we had some nice conversations about dark beers.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts