Mens Tennis Forums banner

How many Wimbledons for Roger

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How many titles would have he won if they hadn't changed the surface after 2001 ?

Clearly he has benefited from slowing down the grass. He would likely lose to Philippoussis in 2003 and Roddick in 2004, 2005 and 2009. He would have beaten Nadal in 2006 and 2007 and probably in 2008, while Murray and Novak in 2012 are debatable, but lets give him that one. That is 2 at the least and 4 at the most. I really doubt he would have won more.

Reactions: Masters Slam

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
How many titles would have he won if they hadn't changed the surface after 2001 ?

Clearly he has benefited from slowing down the grass. He would likely lose to Philippoussis in 2003 and Roddick in 2004, 2005 and 2009. He would have beaten Nadal in 2006 and 2007, while Murray and Novak in 2012 are debatable, but lets give him that one. That is 3 at the most. I really doubt he would have won more.
so he has benefited from slow grass as an attacker but he would still be debatable against Murray and Nole on a faster surface? lol. I am glad that the spirit of Yoda lives in you now that he is banned again or is it a she?

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so he has benefited from slow grass as an attacker but he would still be debatable against Murray and Nole on a faster surface? lol. I am glad that the spirit of Yoda lives in you now that he is banned again or is it a she?
No1e and his attacking style would have benefited from faster grass, while Murray is debatable but I think he would have fared better on fast grass than Olderer in 2012.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
No1e and his attacking style would have benefited from faster grass, while Murray is debatable but I think he would have fared better on fast grass than Olderer in 2012.
get yourself together boy. You are sounding like a butthurt brat. I know Nole has been attacked constantly on this site for the past few weeks. I think taking the high road might be a better idea than starting a silly thread like this. Suggesting he would lose to bums like Roddick and Phillipousis ... and Nole attacking on fast grass? In 2012? lol

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
Where's the option for more than 6? Looks like you're not so subtly trying to impose your voting intentions on us

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
No1e and his attacking style
:spit:

Novak would have been decimated on 90s grass, it favors everything his game stands against: big serving, very little rallies, and frequent net rushing. Not to mention grass then was even slicker in which Nole would be falling on grass even more than he usually does, which is a lot.

·
Registered
18,098 Posts

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
About 10. Definitely would have won much more after 2007
exactly ... Fed has struggled on clay, slow hard courts, and slow grass. On faster courts, he has killed. To suggest, he would lose to roddick ... that's just silly talk.

Reactions: HugoStiglitz1987

·
Registered
2,040 Posts

Clearly he has benefited from slowing down the grass. He would likely lose to Philippoussis in 2003 and Roddick in 2004, 2005 and 2009. He would have beaten Nadal in 2006 and 2007 and probably in 2008, while Murray and Novak in 2012 are debatable, but lets give him that one. That is 2 at the least and 4 at the most. I really doubt he would have won more.
He would win 0 because surely Nole would have started winning in 2003 at the age of 15 or so. Him being such a super star on the fastest surfaces. :angel:

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I voted 2 - he would have won 2006 and 2007 at his very peak. Before and after he would not be able to handle faster surfaces. Before, fast servebots would have crushed him and after he would not have been able to handle new upcoming ultra talented generation.

And seriously, people thinking Federer didn't benefit greatly from slowing down the grass on Wimbledon are simply delusional.

Anyway, one thing is very certain, he would have won much less than No1e on Rebound Ace. No1e is simply natural on any HC, especially in Australia. :hatoff:

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
He would win 0 because surely Nole would have started winning in 2003 at the age of 15 or so. Him being such a super star on the fastest surfaces. :angel:
with this competition maybe 10....

federer beated sampras in a very fast grass, in that grass, he can destroy everybody of today`s field in his peak years.

federer won his first wimbledon playing serve and volley.

the grass was slowed down again in 2007, michael chang said that....that in 2007 the ball bounces very high and slow

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
Gentle note to OP: cross-reference Cincinnati

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
I voted 2 - he would have won 2007 and 2008 at his very peak. Before and after he would not be able to handle faster surfaces. Before, fast servebots would have crushed him and after he would not have been able to handle new upcoming ultra talented generation.

And seriously, people thinking Federer didn't benefit greatly from slowing down the grass on Wimbledon are simply delusional.

Anyway, one thing is very certain, he would have won much less than No1e on Rebound Ace. No1e is simply natural on any HC, especially in Australia. :hatoff:
federer in faster surfaces not has real rivals in this years.

this is not 90s, from 2000 to now, would be perfect for federer very faster courts.

even becker and other said that if the court would be fasters like 80s or 90s federer would has more slams

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
with this competition maybe 10....

federer beated sampras in a very fast grass, in that grass, he can destroy everybody of today`s field in his peak years.

federer won his first wimbledon playing serve and volley.

the grass was slowed down again in 2007, michael chang said that....that in 2007 the ball bounces very high and slow
Yes except 15 year old Nole would have pummeled FED on pre 2001 grass.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I realise this is a bit of a troll post, but you are probably looking at around 10 Wimbledon titles for Fed on fast grass....his skillset is just so much better than anyone elses.

Then imagine if they hadn't subjected the rest of the courts around the world to a deciduous erosion of speed to appeal to the clay fraternity....the guy is just the best pure tennis talent the world has seen. Like him or loathe him, better athletes will come and go....it will be a long time before another Federer appears methinks.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
I realise this is a bit of a troll post, but you are probably looking at around 10 Wimbledon titles for Fed on fast grass....his skillset is just so much better than anyone elses.

Then imagine if they hadn't subjected the rest of the courts around the world to a deciduous erosion of speed to appeal to the clay fraternity....the guy is just the best pure tennis talent the world has seen. Like him or loathe him, better athletes will come and go....it will be a long time before another Federer appears methinks.
chico is so sensitive ... reminds me of my ex-girlfriend to be honest. she used to lash back too every time she got offended by something. obviously women go after your manhood when they are angry but some things are just beyond questioning. :devil: same with roger's skills on grass

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I voted 2 - he would have won 2006 and 2007 at his very peak. Before and after he would not be able to handle faster surfaces. Before, fast servebots would have crushed him and after he would not have been able to handle new upcoming ultra talented generation.

Chico you are too generous. Fed would have zero. Nole would have at least 5. He is super good. Super duper good.

·
Registered
27,279 Posts
The one thing that we know for sure is that Djokovic would have zero Wimbledon titles.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts