Mens Tennis Forums banner

How many Wimbledon titles Nadal and Djokovic combined would have won on faster grass

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
I'm going to need to see some evidence for this.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Djokovic 4, Nadal 0.

Pathetic troll hater thread BTW, even worse than Djokovic + AO one. The OP should be ashamed of himself.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Yes, a fat zero.

Reactions: Secondeuce

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
10 -Since you guys can only understand binary digits

otherwise - realistically speaking about 9 in total roughly split equally between both

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Well, if Agassi can win a Wimbledon on old grass, I have to give Djokovic the benefit of doubt and say, he can snatch one too, most likely 2011.

Nadal however... the close calls during the first week he had all those years when he made the final would probably turn into close losses, which would make him a complete failure on the surface. So it would surprise me a lot, if he even reached a final, much less win it.

Reactions: Fastgrass

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Djokovic 4, Nadal 0.

Pathetic troll hater thread BTW, even worse than Djokovic + AO one. The OP should be ashamed of himself.
Don't get all butthurt :bigwave:

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
No doubt, zero
Definitely 0. I'd give Nadal a better chance because of his prowess v. big servers but Djokovic is suspect against big servers everywhere; on fast grass he'd be demolished.

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
Djokovic 4, Nadal 0.
I'll have to disagree with my new friend and betting buddy chico.
Djokovic plays better and his style is more suited to slower surfaces so there's no reason to believe he would grab more titles than he currently has. Maybe he would still grab the 2011 one but the 2014 one being as close as it was, I think Federer would get it.

As for Nadal, that close one against Federer he might lose it, the other one, who knows.

I'll say Djokovic 1, Nadal 0 or 1 I'm not sure...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Djokovic 4, Nadal 0.

Both players have won 4 titles combined on slow grass which suits their style. However on a fast, slick grass, I don't believe they would have won 4. The fast grass benefits for players with big serve and attacking tennis, which I believe Federer would have won more than 7 and Roddick could have won 1.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Nadal is capable of winning Wimbledon in the 90s I think but not more than one probably. he just would need a lucky draw. he probably couldn't beat Sampras there but I don't think there is anyone else that he wouldn't have chances against; bear in mind Nadal at his best adjusted a lot, he would adjust to some degree to the faster conditions I think

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
I will just assume that they would teleport into the 90s and face peak Sampras on fast grass.

If so then Djokovic would win perhaps 1, Nadal 0.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Djokovic would win a Wimbledon vs peak Sampras on fast grass? :rolls: No chance. He wouldn't manage to beat a GOATING Karlovic on fast grass, let alone Sampras.

·
Registered
17,892 Posts
Well, if Agassi can win a Wimbledon on old grass, I have to give Djokovic the benefit of doubt and say, he can snatch one too, most likely 2011.

Nadal however... the close calls during the first week he had all those years when he made the final would probably turn into close losses, which would make him a complete failure on the surface. So it would surprise me a lot, if he even reached a final, much less win it.
This. Fair enough to give Novak 1, when peaking on the surface.
And not so mean to deny it from Nadal who proved it consistently in the last years (and even in his best year: 2010 played a close 5 setter with Petzschner) that he cannot stand a chance if it gets really fast.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts