Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
I don't think he'll skip Paris this year. He already skipped it last year and as someone said he might want to increase his record of Masters Series titles in one year. If he is to skip one it should be Basel.
Also Paris and the TMC are not back to back, there are 6 days rest between them.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
he will definately not skip basel. alot depends on nadal, if roger wins the us and nadal loses early then roger pretty much has the no1 spot till the end of the season. but if nadal wins the us or goes deep, he'll up rogers arse or even ahead so roger may be forced to play as many tournies as possible to keep the no1 spot.
i think he will put out of bank, especialy if he goes deep in the us, he then has dc so would have played alot of tennis. plus he only has one optional left, assuming he wins basel there would have been no point in playing bank. but i herd hes gettin $400,000 appearance money for bank so that may tempt him.
if he has the no1 spot sown up b4 the TMS, he will likely pul out of one.
i say he will end with 11 hopefuly 12 titles.(us, MC, and basel)hopefuly anyway.

·
Registered
21,729 Posts
Gouzo said:
I don't think he'll skip Paris this year. He already skipped it last year and as someone said he might want to increase his record of Masters Series titles in one year. If he is to skip one it should be Basel.
Also Paris and the TMC are not back to back, there are 6 days rest between them.
Rest? What rest? He's playing his sentimental fave tourney in betw.: BASEL.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
I also think roger will WD from one of the Madrid/Basel/paris events...thats 3 straight weeks of playing and im not sure he wants that thesedays, but 2 TMS events and basel (his hometown event and a title he'd love) so who knows
his record in Madrid/Paris isnt great either, by his standards.. but he defends zero points from these 2 as he didnt play them in 2004 so he'd probably be more determind to play this time..

·
Registered
21,729 Posts
Yes, that's correct -- I think Rogi s pull out of Paris as he's already committed to Madrid.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts