W- Yes
Olympics- No
Cincinnati- Yes
USO- No
LC- Europe loses this time?
Shanghai- No
Basel- Yes
London- No

My take: 5 titles for Rogie in 2020 to bring him to 108 total and within 2 of surpassing Connor's 109 (Dubai, Halle, W, Cincinnati, and Basel)...

Your thoughts??

·
Registered
385 Posts
0 titles. He is already injured, and showing his age. He can no longer move. Everything is in decline for Federer. He will start losing everytime to journeyman and outside top 100 players. I see him calling quits by the middle of this year. I wouldn't even be surprised if he never plays again and announce retirement next feb, if he can't recover from injuries .

His time is up. He was very lucky in this tournament.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think so, he'll start by winning the exhibition over Rafa on Feb. 7 and from there go on to win Dubai, but will have loses at IW, Miami, AND the FO!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Federer is playing worse than he did in 13 and 16, and this time he's not recovering because of his age. The only way he'll even win a few MM titles is if he has an easier draw than the one he had in AO and if his opponents choke. Federer's time is up. He was injured in his last two slams. It's been years since he put up consistently decent performances over a week or two.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I mostly agree, Dubai, Halle, Basel, but he can still IMO win events like W and Cincinnati!!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
If he remains healthy he'll still win 2-3 titles. Wimbledon is his only legitimate grand slam chance though.

Reactions: Break point Dom.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Lol he is not winning any more grandslams or masters.

At 38 his only titles will come at Halle and Basel since they're pretty much like challenger level events. All the top players skip these 2 events.

·
justice for all
15,150 Posts
Nobody knows. Do you have a crystal ball?
He's probably done winning slam but maybe at Wimbledon he'll do it again?
He may win 5 titles including Wimbledon if stars align or he may win none.

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
Why shouldn’t he be able to win Indian Wells and Miami? He reached 5/6 last finals there. I‘d go as far to say he will be the favorite there. And he always has a shot at Wimbledon. Who can realistically beat him there outside of Novak? I don’t see anyone. Biggest problem will be staying injury free at this point, but he has now 4 weeks of rest and he should be fine by then.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Halle of course. Perhaps Basle. Depends on how much this tournament has taken out of him he may skip Dubai perhaps and just go to the sunshine early.

Would like to see him get a clay title. He showed last year he could still do well on that surface and with a draw opening up he could get one although probably a lighter schedule or he may not even play any of it again.

·
Registered
245 Posts
His body is falling apart, and for the 1st time he's really showing his almost 40 age. Barring a miracle and a cupcake draw, it's impossible to see him winning another Slam or Masters 1000. Halle and Basel maybe, but the big titles aren't going to come with Father Time breathing down his neck, not to mention Next Gen who can beat him anywhere.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rogie will play exhibition vs. Rafa on February 7th for sure, not 100% sure he'll play in Dubai, if not, then goes right for the Sunshine Double in March-early April 2020!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Federer has to adopt a new fitness/health regime if he wants to compete longer. Similar to Novak's. Federer has had longevity but at this age, changes have to be made to sustain fitness.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
His body is falling apart, and for the 1st time he's really showing his almost 40 age. Barring a miracle and a cupcake draw, it's impossible to see him winning another Slam or Masters 1000. Halle and Basel maybe, but the big titles aren't going to come with Father Time breathing down his neck, not to mention Next Gen who can beat him anywhere.
Father time eventually catches everyone, including Dull and the Serbian freak. Ofc we will all be there to make such posts and make sure everybody is content.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Father time eventually catches everyone, including Dull and the Serbian freak. Ofc we will all be there to make such posts and make sure everybody is content.
You'll be the 1st to bash them obsessively when they lose a half step, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Reactions: amy_1989
1 - 20 of 41 Posts