Mens Tennis Forums banner

How many titles will Djokovic defend in 2012?

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Banned
10,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a stellar half season, Djokovic has a lot of points to defend. Based on his defending titles history, it is time to get worried if you are a Nole fan and a good time to start making excuses if you are a Noletard.

So how many titles do you think he will be able to defend?

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
I'll go with 4-5 but 2-3 was my initial inclination.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I'm not worried, I'm not making excuses and I love Nole. :)

Nobody expects Nole to repeat this stellar season (if you want to call it half season, even better, who has had a better half-season, then? :lol:).

I have been a Nole fan for over 6 years, so this year came as an unexpected and delicious surprise. I would be a Nole fan even if he had won nothing this year. And I will be a Nole fan next year even if he wins nothing.

Having said that, I'll be really happy if he doesn't defend any titles at all, but wins Roland Garros and the Olympic Gold. :devil:

·
Faithful Txurigorri
24,903 Posts
I think he has a good shot to defend all the slow/medium HC events, that's his best surface IMO :)

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
After a stellar half season, Djokovic has a lot of points to defend. Based on his defending titles history, it is time to get worried if you are a Nole fan and a good time to start making excuses if you are a Noletard.

So how many titles do you think he will be able to defend?
Interesting such threads are started by haters such as yourself.

Anyways, I'd say most of them, but the key one to mind which he will not defend is the Australian Open.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Dubai
Miami
Belgrade
Montreal

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
If he continues playing like he did during the indoors season I'll go with 0.
Realistically, Nole might defend AO, IW/Miami(not both), maybe Rome and Montreal.
He definitely won't win at Wimbledon again, US Open title defense is also very doubtful.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Might defend AO, Dubai, and IW...probably not Miami. Might take Monte Carlo, defend Rome, RG. Don't think so for Madrid, Wimby, Toronto. Might finally win Cincy. Don't think so for US Open.

·
Registered
19,320 Posts
Australian
USO

He won't defend Wimbledon but he'll win RG

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
He will only defend one of his 3 slams. One of the hc slams.

HC slam(either AO or USO but not both)
Dubai and Serbian open.
2 masters series.

5 titles.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
I love how some tards here say that by far the most dominant hardcourt player today has no chances for US Open

·
Registered
757 Posts

Most important: RG for Career Grand Slam.

He will go down in history as first man to haven beaten a healthy Nadal on the battlefield of Paris.

·
Registered
12,897 Posts
I would say it would be difficult to even have half the success next year, but who is stopping him? Obviously people were saying the same about Rafa a year ago, when Djokovic wouldn't have been at the top of any lists to do so but the only one who can step up is Murray. Not much hope for those who don't want to see Djokovic's hands on anymore major trophies.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
RG's a good bet if he's still maintained the attire and balls to defeat Rafa. Would be nice seeing the top 3 guys have the Career GS. Too bad that it will make Murray even look worse than shit lol.

·
Banned
10,179 Posts
four titles,

dubai
indian wells
belgrade
us open

1 - 20 of 169 Posts