Mens Tennis Forums banner

How many ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I picked one, although I don't think the amount he wins will be any indication of his success this year (or at least not for me). I would much prefer some good results in the GS events and I will be measuring his season as a whole.

By the way there aren't any tournaments on carpet anymore, they've mainly been replaced by indoor hardcourts.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Yeah, it's been two years (it will be by the time RG starts) since he last made it to at least the QF stage. That used to be something we'd pretty much expect, without needing to hope for.

A lot of it is to do with his lack of form overall (apart from this AO) but in the past, he was known to get to the QFs sometimes even if he wasn't playing well leading into the tournament.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
While we're discussing ranking points, David is only ten points off from Gasquet now and can make it to number 7 next week with a first round win. Roddick has back-to-back SFs to defend at Indian Wells/Miami so it would be good to close the gap, although looking further behind Blake or Youzhny could make it up the rankings following the AMS events if they do well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.