Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
David's previous titles:

2002-2
2003-0
2004-0
2005-2
2006-1
2007-2

Please take notice that this thread is not about what you wish for David.It is about what you realistically think David will achive in 2008.I think he will win 3titles.2 on clay (including one AMS or RG :)) and one indoor (maybe Vienna maybe Madrid ).

If it is possible please mention that which tornaments you think he will win.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
i think after so dramatical lost in AO
Dave does not know himself what gonna be in this year...

first of all he needs get back his confidence,
and improve his physical form ("minimize f-n belly")
if it happens soon, then we can expect 3-4 nice wins :)

·
Registered
979 Posts
more 4

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I picked one, although I don't think the amount he wins will be any indication of his success this year (or at least not for me). I would much prefer some good results in the GS events and I will be measuring his season as a whole.

By the way there aren't any tournaments on carpet anymore, they've mainly been replaced by indoor hardcourts.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I think 4 :dance:

Cuba Telmex - Acapulco

USA Open

Madrid or Paris

:angel:

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I picked one, although I don't think the amount he wins will be any indication of his success this year (or at least not for me). I would much prefer some good results in the GS events and I will be measuring his season as a whole.

By the way there aren't any tournaments on carpet anymore, they've mainly been replaced by indoor hardcourts.
I agree. His GS record over the last 18 months or so haven't been great if you look at his career as a whole. A return to the second week of GS action would be proof that he's again moving in the right direction for me anyway.
As for titles 1-2 as usual for Nalbo.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Yeah, it's been two years (it will be by the time RG starts) since he last made it to at least the QF stage. That used to be something we'd pretty much expect, without needing to hope for.

A lot of it is to do with his lack of form overall (apart from this AO) but in the past, he was known to get to the QFs sometimes even if he wasn't playing well leading into the tournament.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I have a tough time predicting anything. It's David, prediciting anything with him is....well....a bit crazy to be honest. :lol: So I don't know. He could win 4, 5, zero. Anything is possible with that man.

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
Yeah, it's been two years (it will be by the time RG starts) since he last made it to at least the QF stage. That used to be something we'd pretty much expect, without needing to hope for.

A lot of it is to do with his lack of form overall (apart from this AO) but in the past, he was known to get to the QFs sometimes even if he wasn't playing well leading into the tournament.
We came to expect it because of the calibre of players that were competing at the time. This time around, the players contending for the big titles are hungrier, stronger, fitter, and more consistent in their results than he is. Time will tell whether he can rise to that level or not.

I have a tough time predicting anything. It's David, prediciting anything with him is....well....a bit crazy to be honest. :lol: So I don't know. He could win 4, 5, zero. Anything is possible with that man.
That's precisely why I didn't vote.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Exactly...I would say max 2 titles because he's never won more than 2 in one season. but still anything can happen. He could get injured (hope not), win no titles and play awful tennis for the rest of the season,or he could regain his late 2007 form and win a slam :angel: that's why David, and tennis in general, is interesting ;)

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Dave earlier never won any Master's cup series, but
now he did it twice
That is why I'm expecting good progress ...
if he will stay healthy, he can do it, 3-4 ...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts