Votes: 16 25.0%
  • 5 and more

Votes: 10 15.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
AO was not a fluke because he beat the current AO King there in the QF this year. Beating Djokovic at the AO is not a fluke at all. I think Wawrinka might win another one but not this year. Perhaps in 2015.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
14 or 15.

He's a young 29.
Ferrer needs few more years to get his game to slam-winning level. After than Stan has no business at slams.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Sorry, but I'm still not convinced Wawa can win another slam. I've said it before but if you actually look closely at his AO path, it's not like he dominated the field; plenty of TB sets, good fortune in having 3 injured opponents and just barely got past Djok - who played arguably his worst GS match in years.

That is a fairly unique set of circumstances which I feel will be unlikely to repeat. Additionally you have to take into account that he is no spring chicken, and his play-style is one which he will struggle to maintain as he approaches the end of his career. He has also shown himself to be fairly useless on grass, so you can count Wimbledon out.

A rematch with Nadal or Djokovic would tell us a lot.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Stan is going for history. 4 slams this year he is going to win all of them then retire to spend more time not winning slams.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
doubt anyone can stop him now. he'll redefine the concept of 'many slams'.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Voted 5+ because he'll already have 4 by the end of this year, so I think he'll definitely hit 5 and above.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I have to revise my opinion of this after the second biggest win of his career today. Clearly, he has the game and belief to mix it with the best. With Federer getting old, Djokovic maybe out injured for a while, Murray struggling after surgery, and Nadal increasingly prone to niggles and/or mental burnout, he'll have chances again this year, and maybe next, to get a second major. RG or US Open look good bets, if Nadal is not at his best.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
I think most people don't realise Stan is already 29 years old. How many slams do people in his age group usually win?

·
Registered
633 Posts
He'd have at least TWO by the end of this year if he keeps his current form up and does not get injured

1 - 20 of 38 Posts