Mens Tennis Forums banner

How many Grand Slams will Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic combined win when they retire?

• 50-54

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 55-59

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • 60-64

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • 65-69

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • 70+

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Federer - 20
Nadal - 17
Djokovic - 13

= 50

Outstanding achievement. That's 12.5 years worth of consecutive slams.

The three of them have won 46 of the past 54 slams (85.2%). Total dominance, and we're nowhere near done yet.

Think they can break 60?

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Re: Fedalovic = 50 Grand Slams!

This truly has been an exceptional time in tennis history.

I very much doubt there'll break 60, but more importantly, I really hope we get to see them meet in more finals. The SF between Djokovic and Nadal was so good, I just wish that Federer had maintained his form from the early rounds – then we might have had a classic final as well (instead of another anticlimax).

·
The special one
14,022 Posts

It's pretty incredible when you think about it, I doubt we'll ever see a more dominant trio playing at the same time again. To put into context the Borg/McEnroe/Connors trio won just over half the number of slams Fed/Nadal/Nole won.

·
6,246 Posts

Nole 3-4 more, Nadal maybe 1 more RG (assuming Nole does not stop him next year), Fed will not defend AO, so max out at 54-55.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts

Even if we say there was big advances helping players stay longer, and tennis becoming more like other sports, if we also factor the ruthless competition that is the world today, thousands of players for few spots of success with roughly the same access and equal opportunities at information, equipment, training, competition (mind you the big 3 wasn't born in a golden crib nor technological era as today) the results (50 slams combined) and downright domination make it all the more OUTSTANDING. Upgrading the sport to new unreachable levels at all kinds of surfaces speed: the fast (Federer) the medium (Djokovic) and the slow (Nadal). GOATS

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
They will never retire, because even at 50 yo Fed/Nadal/Djok will be still beating mugs like Zverev or Dimitrov at slams, such is the state of tennis today.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Roger 21
Novak 18
Dull 17
=

1 - 20 of 37 Posts