Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only multiple grand slam winner since 2005 outside of Fed, Nadal, Nole & Murray..dude is having a career renaissance and does not feel physically like his showing his age at all. He has hit 30 yet is winning against the big four -

Current Grand Slam Titles - 2

By end of Career - 5 (2 AO, 2 FO, 1 USO)

Record against big four since AO 2013 -

1) Federer: 2 - 5, 1 - 1 (GS)

2) Nadal: 2 - 4, 1 - 1 (GS)

3) Djokovic: 2 - 6, 2 - 3 (GS)

4) Murray: 2 - 0, 1 - 0

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
I still can't believe Stan's won his last match against every single other member of the Top 10, including every member of the Big 4. That's just crazy.

As for how many Slams he'll end up with - I don't know, but I'm just so thankful for the ones he's got. :)

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
When he won AO I though that was it.
Now that he won RG I still think that's it.

Maybe next year he wins Wimbledon.
And in two years he wins USO for the CYGS.

:D

·
Bring it Home
20,351 Posts
I think he has a decent shot in the next USO. He plays very well there in the last couple of years.

He may have won the title last year already if not fot Nishikori's theatrics in QF.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
And even if he won 18, I bet there would be people on MTF who would come up with reasons to asterisk every single one of them. :lol:

·
Banned
923 Posts

·
Registered
27,241 Posts
Could be anywhere between 2-5. Not much point trying to predict the performance of someone as erratic as Wawrinka.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
The only multiple grand slam winner since 2005 outside of Fed, Nadal, Nole & Murray..dude is having a career renaissance and does not feel physically like his showing his age at all. He has hit 30 yet is winning against the big four -

Current Grand Slam Titles - 2

By end of Career - 5 (2 AO, 2 FO, 1 USO)

Record against big four since AO 2013 -

1) Federer: 2 - 5, 1 - 1 (GS)

2) Nadal: 2 - 4, 1 - 1 (GS)

3) Djokovic: 2 - 6, 2 - 3 (GS)

4) Murray: 2 - 0, 1 - 0
Don't know about the titles but had he not been always placed in Djokovic half at HC slams he would've reached a couple of HC finals more at least by now.

The same will be true if this trend Djokovic/Stanimal in one half at AO/USO since USO'12 and Federer/Nadal in other, continues for another three years(six slams), because even if you get past Djokovic at AO/USO it takes a lot of energy out of you for the SF or F and Stan will be 31 and 32.

Nishikori will also not be lucky to be placed in Fedal's half at AO/USO soon, unlike Cilic the last USO, so the Stan's way to the HC final will be even harder.

It could only change if they get above Federer in rankings, so that Nolandy and Stanishi are top 4 by the end of 2015, but Federer is too good for both Stan and Nishi and there is also Berdych who could get above Nishi.

It's good news for Murray if he gets to no.2 soon, though, because he should make next USO/AO finals easily from Fedal's half, with Djok/Stan/Nishi/Cilic ... in the other half.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Nole is going to deal with Stan in AO and RG, and Andy in WC and USO. most likely Stan win 1 more AO and 1 more RG, end up with 4. Andy win 1 more WC and 1 more USO, end up with 4. Nole will have most masters shield record.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Anybody who says anything other than 2 is either deluded or having a laugh.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
I get your point but then again who on Earth thought Stan would win RG this year over Djokovic in the final? He's proven he can put it together for 2 weeks so its not impossible to see him snatch 1 or 2 more especially if the draw is favorable.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
But I'd bet you anything you'd have said "Anybody who says anything other than 1 is either deluded or having a laugh" after AO 2014.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts