Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CC,1,2,3,10,12,16,17,18 were streamed last year.

I think they will add Court 8 and 19,because tomorrow on those courts are some good matches.
What do you think?

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Court 8 is streamed for sure, at least on Sky Germany, not sure about Court 19, they once had the epic of Kohli and haas there and didn't stream it!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
espn.go.com covers CC, 1,2,3,8,12,16,17,18 from start of play in respective courts
All courts (except) CC and 1 start at 630 am EDT (USA)
CC and 1 Start at 800 am EDT (USA)

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
I really can't believe that they put Gulbis (12th seed) on court 19. I know he plays total mug (Zopp), but still - you don't usually see seeds as high as that playing on court without even an internet stream.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
I really can't believe that they put Gulbis (12th seed) on court 19. I know he plays total mug (Zopp), but still - you don't usually see seeds as high as that playing on court without even an internet stream.
It's Gulbis. Nobody is that interested in him. :shrug:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Via someone on Twitter

Streamed courts: CC, 1, 2, 3, 8, 12, 16, 17, 18. + theoretically there'll be cameras on 6,10,11 during first week.

·
Registered
33,355 Posts
It's Gulbis. Nobody is that interested in him. :shrug:
Yes, yes they are. They are probably more interested in him, a slam Semi Finalist, than a diva who whined about rain at last years Championships.

Now if you could go ahead and stop with your double standards it would be fantastic.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
I think it is disgrace that Wimby organizers are not even bothering to say on their website which courts are televised. Not to mention they cancelled their internet livestream coverage several years ago. TV coverage for many countries is going worse and worse.Forced to use crappy pirat-streams- this is not solution for real tennis fans.Believe it or not, there is NO tv channels broadcasting Wimbledon available in Estonia. In last years you could watch at least Russian NTV+Tennis coverage from Wimby if you had personal SAT TV antenna and equipment, but now even they dont show it.Total blackout.

I remember few years ago I could watch all tv-courts livestreams paying just 20 bucks for tournament.This service also contained saved matches, if I missed one, I could officially download it and watch later.All this is gone now, at least in Europe.

What a shame.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
They prefer players from big countries anyway who bought TV rights. Thats why Kurumi Nakara and A.-L. Friedsam are playing on C17 which is televised. Who tF they are, they are not seeded, what brilliant results the had to justify it ? But they are from Japan and Germany,from countries with huge TV audience.

Same on court 4.
Tomic-Donskoy, both unseeded
Barthel-Oprandi unseeded again.
Country counts. They dont want to push Aussie, German or Russian to outside nontelevised court.

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
They prefer players from big countries anyway who bought TV rights. Thats why Kurumi Nakara and A.-L. Friedsam are playing on C17 which is televised. Who tF they are, they are not seeded, what brilliant results the had to justify it ? But they are from Japan and Germany,from countries with huge TV audience.

Same on court 4.
Tomic-Donskoy, both unseeded
Barthel-Oprandi unseeded again.
Country counts. They dont want to push Aussie, German or Russian to outside nontelevised court.
Wimbledon organisers openly admit they take TV rights into account. Take a look at the section 'TV audiences': http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/about_aeltc/201205091336582818472.html

·
Your visions will happen
47,128 Posts
1. Centre
2. Court 1
3. Court 2
4. Court 3
5. Court 8
6. Court 12
7. Court 16
8. Court 17
9. Court 18

At least according to ESPN3, there could certainly be more

·
Registered
165 Posts
Judging from the OOP Centre Court, 1,2,3,12,18,8,16,17,19,6 and 7 all have the right players to get televised imo. Hopefully there will at least be a pirate stream for court 6 and 19

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
It certainly is ironic that mugs like Ungur-Diez are televised tomorrow, Barrientos-Pashanski are televised (from challengers), Kamke -Hernych are televised from court 10,Stak-Berloq are televised ,but world # 10 Gulbis is not.

They really hate him, dont they ?

·
Registered
703 Posts
BBC are streaming following courts:
CC

So 12 out of 17 courts are streamed, yet they manage to schedule no 12 seed on a court without coverage - it must have taken some effort:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BBC are streaming following courts:
CC

So 12 out of 17 courts are streamed, yet they manage to schedule no 12 seed on a court without coverage - it must have taken some effort:rolleyes:
:facepalm:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts