Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we know, Nadal has 13 clay Slams, nearly twice his total on all other surfaces combined. This puts him in a bad way compared to the all-court success of Federer and Djokovic. And if he wins 15/16 RGs, the skew will even set the dogs in the street talking. So, would he give away 4 RGs for 2 more Wimbs and AOs? And might he actually avoid winning RG from now on, in order to escape the pointing fingers of clay?

Discuss.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Lol. Someone is in panic mode. Anyway Nadal doesn't need to enter the GOAT debate. Currently he is leading the GOAT debate. Considering he will soon be the solo leader in slams and how he had dominated Fed and Novak in grand slams matches.

Remember Nadal is one only one with a double grand slam on all three surfaces. Remember Nadal has beat Fed in a hard court slam final and grass court slam final, lol. Nadal has beaten Novak twice in US Open Finals who is supposedly the best hard courter ever. And what happened when Fed and Novak faced Nadal in FO finals? They were humiliated. This is why Nadal is the best AND most versatile tennis player ever. Nadal is on the verge of clinching the GOAT title. If he win AO it's a done deal.

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
Tards of lesser players obsessing with Federer knows no bounds. And yet it's noticeable that no Fedfan has started a thread like "13 clay Slam skew rules Nadal out of GOAT contention" That's because we are above such inane tardism. But let them enjoy their little fun.
That didn’t last long

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
a slam is a slam no matter where

Reactions: letfirstserve

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
We lived up to the moment when winning another Grand Slam title (French Open in our case) will hurt your legacy :LOL:
yeah, this board lol

·
Registered
379 Posts
How about this? Nadal calls Nole with an offer:
  • "Look, man. MTF constantly argues that my resume is skewed in favor of clay and that I cannot be in the GOAT debate cause I am far behind you and Roger in GOAT debates on grass and hard.
  • Djokovic replies "But it is true. You haven't won a WTF title, remember?"
  • Nadal sighs - "It's a stupid exho. Totally useless, no? So, how about a deal? You will let me win the Australian Open and complete a DCGS and I will let you win Roland Garros. You will beat me in the final and earn your own DCGS combined with the glory of being the only man who beat the King of Clay in the RG final. Sounds good?"
  • Djokovic takes a minute to think it through. - "Alright, man. Sounds fair.

Australian Open 2021 ends with a victory of Nadal who beat Djokovic in the final. Now, fast forward to Roland Garros 2021. Rafa and Djokovic meet in the final. Nole excited walks on the court, the match starts. Then, Nadal instead of letting Djokovic win, he delivers another masterclass and wins in straight sets. After the trophy presentation they meet each other in the locker room. Djokovic devastated says miserably - "But, but we had a deal." Rafa smirks - "Sorry, bro. It's nothing personal. Just business as usual, no?"

Reactions: Rafanaticism

·
Registered
364 Posts
Girl, stop it, you're embarassing all the respectable Federer's fans with this post.

Nadal won't stop winning more RGs just so Federer can keep his Slam count tied with him.

And Nadal is still capable of winning 1-2 more Slams off clay and make your "skew clay stat" even more worthless.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
As we know, Nadal has 13 clay Slams, nearly twice his total on all other surfaces combined. This puts him in a bad way compared to the all-court success of Federer and Djokovic. And if he wins 15/16 RGs, the skew will even set the dogs in the street talking. So, would he give away 4 RGs for 2 more Wimbs and AOs? And might he actually avoid winning RG from now on, in order to escape the pointing fingers of clay?

Discuss.

You always were one of the most bitter posters here. Sunday seems to have pushed you over the edge and it's likely to get worse so I am sending you some hugs.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Trade his RG's? I'm pretty sure he'd trade some RG's in order to become more popular with the MTF posters who dislike him. Sounds like a worthy cause to me.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
Nadal is so good on clay it makes his record off clay look poor. Soon, he is going to have more clay majors than Sampras has total majors. CRAZY. 7 majors off clay is still a great achievement. For me, Nadal will be GOAT at the end. Not a fan of his game, but he has my respect. Despite his resume being clay heavy, he has still beaten Federer and Djoker on both hard and grass to win some of his other majors. He is GOAT in my book, that is if I was forced to choose one.

My point has always been, there can never be one true GOAT. There have been too many great players over the decades. Picking one does not feel right.

·
|
15,485 Posts
To be eligible for the GOAT debate (which is meaningless, because GOAT doesn't exist) you need to win 15+ slams, and you need to win multiple slams on clay, grass and hardcourt.
Nadal is the only player in the GOAT debate.
Mats Wilander is the only other man to win multiple slams on clay, grass and hardcourt, but he's only won 7 slams.
BTW Mats never won Wimbledon, but he won the AO twice on grass.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Nadal is so good on clay it makes his record off clay look poor. Soon, he is going to have more clay majors than Sampras has total majors. CRAZY. 7 majors off clay is still a great achievement. For me, Nadal will be GOAT at the end. Not a fan of his game, but he has my respect. Despite his resume being clay heavy, he has still beaten Federer and Djoker on both hard and grass to win some of his other majors. He is GOAT in my book, that is if I was forced to choose one.

My point has always been, there can never be one true GOAT. There have been too many great players over the decades. Picking one does not feel right.
He still could add 1 or 2 Uso's if he keeps playing for 4-5 more years at least.. the surface seems to suit him pretty good.. and who knows if Djokovic falls to someone in AO before the Final? Rafa could take advantage of that, djoko isnt invincible in AO, he has been pushed to 5 setters already in AO 2012 and 2020 by Rafa and Thiem respectively, and some people think Rafa has no chance based on what they saw in the 2019 final, but obviously it doesnt represent the possiboe future matchup, because rafa played horrible with shaky and short forehand and other shots from the beggining. Tennis has a big mental aspect, and if rafa slowly fixes that mental block with Djokovic in finals he has the potential to beat him even in the Australiab open Final.. he was very vulnerable in his last one against Thiem..

Now wimbledon I see it more difficult, but never say never.. he had done Two SF in a row where he has lost in extremely competitive matches to Djokovic and Federer... Lets see what bring the future.. but Never count out Nadal outside RG either..

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
He still could add 1 or 2 Uso's if he keeps playing for 4-5 more years at least.. the surface seems to suit him pretty good.. and who knows if Djokovic falls to someone in AO before the Final? Rafa could take advantage of that, djoko isnt invincible in AO, he has been pushed to 5 setters already in AO 2012 and 2020 by Rafa and Thiem respectively, and some people think Rafa has no chance based on what they saw in the 2019 final, but obviously it doesnt represent the possiboe future matchup, because rafa played horrible with shaky and short forehand and other shots from the beggining. Tennis has a big mental aspect, and if rafa slowly fixes that mental block with Djokovic in finals he has the potential to beat him even in the Australiab open Final.. he was very vulnerable in his last one against Thiem..

Now wimbledon I see it more difficult, but never say never.. he had done Two SF in a row where he has lost in extremely competitive matches to Djokovic and Federer... Lets see what bring the future.. but Never count out Nadal outside RG either..
Indeed. Off clay, Nadal needs the draws to go for him, which is always possible. If he has to face the likes of Thiem, Meddy bear and Federer before facing Djoker, it's a tough climb. With a decent draw, even Wimbledon is not out of the question for him. Things are looking good for the bull.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts