Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he was down 2 sets to love and a break to mikhail and then mikhail fell apart completely. now hewitt went out, so he has a chance to make the semis without facing a top 20 player (he didn't face a top 30 player in the first four rounds).
damm him :fiery:

Good luck Younes! Kick his @ss!

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
ur talking about the luck of Roddick. how about you look at was a stinkin' easy draw Lleyton got, and he couldn't even live up to his #1 status in the world. Lleyton got 2 qualies in the 1st 2 rounds,then Stepanek in the 4th and just bombed against Younes. he's crap. and i do admit that Roddick got lucky,but he didn't get lucky winning his matches. it's just that the seeds he shouyld have played didn't live up to their potential. my god people why r u being so harsh on Roddick??????????????? he's been doing much better than the other top 10 in the world. Hewitt's out, so is Moya, even Federer, Novak,Marat (wellyou can't really count him), Costa. face it Roddick just played better than the other top 10 tennis players in the world. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Roddick will loose in the next round.:angel:

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Roddick also stepped it up. I admit Mikhail played like crap, but what do you expect?! He was probably taken a back by the fact the Roddick is so gorgeous and got nervous at the first sign of Roddick coming back and playing the points back at him... and, hmm, crumbled. Too bad. LOL! Oh well!!

·
Registered
70,027 Posts
Mikhail is a hottie, I seriously doubt he would waste his time with Pandy :p

And Lleyton bombed out against Younes? Excuse me? Did you even watch the match?

It's pathetic to attack other players when trying to defend your own.

Roddick has NOT played better. He was lucky to get easy players and then lucky that Youzhny choked. He can make as many grand slam qtrs and sf or whatever that he wants, but until he beats quality players he will never be hailed.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Well of course you say that King Scotso of Aragon your're a Roddick Hater.

Roddick Fans and Roddick Haters are gonna say two totally different things.

I for one, Think Roddick hasn't really played Better than the top ten but sure out played Youzhny.
How can ya'll sit there and say Youzhny choked and crap, okay maybe if he did..so what? It's Youzhny's fault not Roddicks. Roddick took advantage of that.
The reason Youzhny choked I'll never know? How come you "Roddick Haters" ain't hasselin Youzhny b/c he chocked? Righht. ;)

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Tell me about it

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Roddick got lucky, but so did Lleyton. Roddick did better then him, but there is no way Roddick is a better player then the likes of Marat & even Tommy at his best.
Roddick did not do enough (imo) to reach #6 in the world, but nobody else did enough either.
End of story, both Roddick & Hewitt suck, & Alex Corretja rockz.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hey Croat, times and times again I've seen you insult Andy, lol
You just want him to lose, and everytime he wins you act like he got so much luck and stuff

GET THE HELL OVER YOURSELF

Hmm, lets take a look at the stats, ok?

Aces
Andy: 22
Mikhail: 14

Double Faults
Andy: 2
Mikhail: 3

Winners
Andy: 73
Mikhail: 68

UE
Andy: 41
Mikhail: 44

So, who played the better match? Mikhail may have "choked" but Andy still played a better match. Get over your hate and bitterness and admit he's a good player. Sheesh.

And you're saying "damn him" when the fact that his draw is "easy" is not his fault! Its so funny how you're being so stupid and immature...

If you don't like him, just ignore him.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
James your post is a bit irralevant, as this thread was about Roddick not one of the best players in the world as his rankings suggest. No statistic can approve or dis-approve it, but thats what tennis boards are all about, useless arguing. After all, if you really wanted to hear your opinion all the time, you could just talk to yourself. I feel like talking to myself more & more everytime i see WTAworld's GM.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
my god people why r u being so harsh on Roddick??????????????? he's been doing much better than the other top 10 in the world. Hewitt's out, so is Moya, even Federer, Novak,Marat (wellyou can't really count him), Costa. face it Roddick just played better than the other top 10 tennis players in the world.
Thankyou Naldo for sharing another load of shit - I mean, totally objective Roddick comment with the rest of us.

I imagine that Andre Agassi and Juan Carlos Ferrero are looking on to Roddick with envy right about now, thinking "gee why can't we play more like Roddick? He's done better than the rest of us top ten bozo's here".

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
By the way - Roddick HAS gotten a lot of breaks. Anybody who denies this is in their own little la la land, and is harly worth responding to (take Naldo as an example of this - somebody that I respond to as a means of humouring myself...)

But you know what - Andre has also had a lot of breaks in the draw, as has Ferrero.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
By the way Naldo - I REALLY can't get by your comment about how Roddick is playing better than the rest of the top ten - which is so immensly unknowledgable that I don't eve know where to begin!

Do you even know who Andre Agassi is? You know, the guy who hasn't lost a match here since 1999, and who has lost one set all tournament?

Or how about Ferrero - have you ever heard of him? Yeah, he's playing alright too, and actually beat a quality opponent along the way (the rest of the way he's gotten breaks, with Moya, Schalken etc all losing early).

Now - if you know who they are, clearly, you should realize that *gasp* not only are they top ten, they are top 3 (after oz).

So how can you possibley justifty that the rest of the top ten is doing shit? Why that has to be the stupidest thing you have ever said. If Andre and Ferrero lose next round and Roddick doesn't, then we can talk.

Untill then - holy shit, do you even watch tennis?

Good god.

I can not get over such blatent ignorance.

·
Registered
378 Posts
James said:
If you don't like him, just ignore him.
Funny, cause its impossible if you watch any match on ESPN. PMac and Courier are so anxious to talk about their boy toy and how great he is/will become. Part of my loathing for Pandy stems from the fact that these two (and other commentators who we are aware of) refuse to let up and just allow him to play his game. I want him out of the tournament so badly just so I dont have to suffer through the incessant babbling of these dolts. And dont tell me to mute my tv because part of the enjoyment of watching tennis is actually hearing the players. Mal Washington appears to be the best at having a subdued outlook on the Roddick cavalcade of grandeur, why cant other commentators take a page out of his book?? Roddick would probably be more tolerable if he werent COMPLETELY overhyped and shoved down everyone's throat here in the states, but hey what can I do eh? :) /rant off

:D

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
I'm with you -

The problem has never been with Andy - the problem is reading about him, and hearing how he is the next great thing.

Forget Safin, Haas, Federero, Ferrero, Hewitt - who are they?

Many younger players, who imo are better, and many times are more accomplished are totally ignored by a xenophobic media that insists on telling that some kid with a big serve is the next Pete Sampras.

The entire reason I like Roddick to lose, is so that I can head the commentators choke on their tongues, read the articles making excuses for him, and see everybody who hyped him up based on nothing look like a total idiot.

Furthermore, I might add - that some commentators, like Patty mac for example, are very very ignorant about Roddicks opponents.

I will never forget him telling us that Kiefer should just "take his beating like a man" at some point in the summer of 2002, because "roddick just has too much game for him". Has Pat ever even seen Kiefer play? Jesus Christ.

Another fine example, was after Hewitt lost he immediately creamed his pants and yelled "this is great for roddick! oh jim! touch me ! touch me!". Because clearly since Hewitt is out, whoever managed to beat hewitt (something Roddick has never done) is just going to FOLD for the GREAT Roddick.

I might also add that the tenny bopper fan following he has is sickening. One needs to look no further than Naldo, who clearly knows just fuck all about the sport of tennis, for an example for what I'm talking about.

It's unfortunate as there are many Roddick fans who are just swell, but the alarming amount of fools that are attached to him is what is so irking.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts