Mens Tennis Forums banner

How Long

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think he will continue his run past Wimbledon and lose at queens the year after, that will mainly be because of his maiden Roland Garros victory :worship:

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
R1 Exit in Wimbledon and then tennis is saved when no one is pushing on grass.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
R1 Exit in Wimbledon and then tennis is saved when no one is pushing on grass.
That assumes Nadal's not playing right :wavey:

·
Banned
2,838 Posts

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
"Incredible" pushing

·
Administrator
6,072 Posts
Think it's coming to an end this year, especially since he's playing Queens as well as Wimbledon. He will surely do better on grass at home than on clay at Phillipe Shitrier, but I can't see him suddenly transforming from mediocre top 10 level to winning the Queens-Wimbledon double again.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts

·
Banned
2,838 Posts

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Don't let your nationalistic feeling blind yourself
What nationalistic feelings are those? I can't stand loads of British players and I am no Murray fan boy, I frequently criticise him.

What you seem to fail to understand is that the "incredible" part of that rally was Murray's last few strokes which were brilliant defensive shots from a position of extreme weakness. That isn't what pushing is. Pushing is just knocking the ball back conservatively when you have the chance to take the initiative.

More to the point Murray's play on grass is fairly easy on the eye. He doesn't ball bash crazily but he plays with a craft and ingenuity that is fun to watch.

·
Registered
176 Posts
"Incredible" pushing
Last year was the first time I missed Wimbledon since 2002 due to being abroad at the time, I was actually pretty pissed at the time but my god I have no regrets at all now, Thank you sir, you've just made my day :D :bounce: !

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Djokovic beating Murray on grass :haha:

To answer the question, I'm sure he will lose again sometime, just can't see who to though. He's just too good right now.
Why?
Wimbledon titles:

Novak: 1

Andy : 1

1 - 20 of 32 Posts