Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
23,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While watching the match, the commentators said that RBA's play seems to be more effective on faster courts. I kind of agree that he seems more successful on Hard than Clay -- has 31 W/32 L record on Hard (49.2%), and a 10 W/11 L record on Clay (47.6%). He is said to hit flat, which is effective on Grass courts where the ball stays low. He might not be powerful enough to execute shots but fast Grass courts could help it. He does have a 3 W/2 L record on Grass (60.0%), his only positive surface, haha. He does have 2 Challenger titles on Clay but does have 1 on Hard.

So, how do you think RBA could be on Grass?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Pusher...

·
23,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He will draw Nadal in R1 of Wimbledon and join the league of Rosol and Darcis.
It would be Klizan who would have the honors. ;) Funny though, Nadal could face Rosol again on the 2nd Round. Hehe.

·
23,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He has Murray in R32.
The End.
True dat. Then again, Murray has been playing passive lately. RBA could serve and volley and Murray usually could put the opponent on a certain rhythm. I said in the Bold Prediction thread that RBA could take Murray to 5 and I personally think this is not that far fetched especially if Murray gets lulled into rallies which RBA eats.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
True dat. Then again, Murray has been playing passive lately. RBA could serve and volley and Murray usually could put the opponent on a certain rhythm. I said in the Bold Prediction thread that RBA could take Murray to 5 and I personally think this is not that far fetched especially if Murray gets lulled into rallies which RBA eats.
I have never seen RBA serve and volleying. He doesn't have nonreturnable 1st serve.
RBA has very one dimensional backhand and because of that Murray has a big upper-hand in rallies.
I will be very surprised if RBA wins set vs Murray on grass.

·
23,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe I am kind of mistaking S&V, with dropshots. He does have some deft touch, which was shown in his match against Becker towards the end -- he used it also against Nadal on Madrid although when Nadal started to read it, it was less effective. I agree about him not having a big serve he could use on Grass although personally I am not exactly sure if I could say one-dimensional as I thought he does some good angles with that (or was it the forehand...)

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
RBA eats rallies?

Murray toys with them.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
3rd round against Murray is where he gets off the train

Nonetheless a very good result for him, and very achievable

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
The hate and lack of recognition for this guy is beyond awful. I don't get it!
People scream for new things to happen, for new players and new archetypes to appear. But when it happens, they all scream "Blasphemy!"

RBA's game suits grass and any relatively fast surface very well because of his game style and net touch. He has great movement and relies on the opponent's speed to give his shots an extra oomph, he counter-attacks with crazy angles.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Princess will do nothing

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
I have never seen RBA serve and volleying. He doesn't have nonreturnable 1st serve.
RBA has very one dimensional backhand and because of that Murray has a big upper-hand in rallies.
I will be very surprised if RBA wins set vs Murray on grass.
Great prediction by this me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts