Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first of all i like this guy and his passion but how is this possible ? He is 41 years old with zero wins this season and no ranking and he is in qualification round. I mean did he bought his spot or something ? Is it possible ?

·
Registered
10,267 Posts

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
So why did Grant need a wildcard then?
Probably it was announced much earlier .. way before everyone realized that QWCs for this tournament are not necessary.
That is the reason why Grant has the only WC

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I don't know why this guy needed WC. Not anyone can sign up, you need a ranking in singles or doubles (which Becuzzi has), and if you are unranked you can only get in on a wild card if the tournament director chooses to give them.

This happened last year at Queen's club, argentinean Francisco Bahamonde who has a ranking now, he didn't have one then and showed up to try to play qualifying in between Junior Roland Garros and Wimbledon. Even though there were many byes in the draw, the tournament director didn't give him a wild card so he couldn't play.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
So why did Grant need a wildcard then?
Maybe he didn't sign in in time. That can happen. Quallies also has sign-ins.

from the rulebook:

Players Miss Sign-in
Case: Players cannot be at the qualifying sign-in on time because of circumstances beyond their control. If the supervisor is satisfied that the players were not at fault, may he sign them in?
Decision: No, However, the tournament does have the option of giving wild cards to such player(s).

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's ATP Main Tour and nobody wants to play so Becuzzi is the last option :D I believe this is possible if is futures or something. Still really weird to me i believe Becuzzi pay for this since he also played here last year. Also he was in Sao Paolo qq rounds this year.. i cant believe this guy lol :D

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
and STAKHOVSKY can't qualify?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts