Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all had fun the last years when he broke with Becker and followed a more spiritual approach in his life. Many believed he just didn´t care about tennis enough to stay at the top because of the diet, the peace and love mentality, etc.

All of a sudden, he´s playing one of the cleanest tennis we´ve seen and I already heard some commentators relating his meditation and yoga to his recent success.

I thought his meditation was more of a spiritual thing that had little to do with his professional career, but I just wonder if he´s actually using meditation to specifically improve his tennis and results.

All changes take time to bear fruits, is this the consequence of his spirituality? Did Djokovic found the secret formula of success? if so meditation could be another important part for many elite athlets

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Meditation is proven to be helpful for enhancing focus, perception and learning capabilities. Many sportsman practice it to a different degree, but not all are open about it as Novak.

Guy from Tennis Evolution (former pro) talks about it a bit in this post match hangout with Gill Gross, another tennis you-tube analyst. They both predicted Rafa to win tho. :O

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Yeah I remember ya'll here (fed/nad fanatic fans,and Novak haters )had the time of your life when Djokovic got injured( mod/s inc), gossiping like teen girls about his private life...

FYI, Djokoivic practices yoga for more than decade

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I think all of these spiritual things are fraud but anyways I'm not sure but if the spiritual stuff happens to be real it will work on a certain kind of people/personality (soul ? .. clean one ? )

and I think djokovic's piece of shit personality wandering about bullying ball boys and shouting randomly to the crowd is not a fertile environment for spiritual insemination .

do you notice anything spiritual in these reaction aiming at the ball boy ?

however it has been discussed more than once that djokovic actually tends to fake the " I am a very nice guy " thing to cover up the mess he makes towards the ball boys and the crowd on court , if that's the case the spiritual stuff will suit him perfectly .. a guy who is faking a nice personality using fraud "spiritual " methods .. this actually could be the best couple on tour

·
Registered
210 Posts
Djokovic found the secret. We all made fun of him, but now that he won three grand slams in a row, it’s time for those who made fun of him to admit they are wrong and eat cock pie

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Djokovic found the secret. We all made fun of him, but now that he won three grand slams in a row, it’s time for those who made fun of him to admit they are wrong and eat cock pie
Nobody was wrong, the guy had terrible losses, had terrible conduct on court and we had all the right to have fun while it lasted but somehow most of us knew he was going to comeback sometime just not as good as this

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Djokovic practices yoga for the physical component, no doubt - the guy likes his flexibility. As for the spiritual mambo jumbo, like I was saying before, he doesn't look the type, to be honest. He was never at his best when zen on the court, only when his inner beast surfaced.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
He was never at his best when zen on the court, only when his inner beast surfaced.
Ahem, did you watch the AO final? He was calm as they come. Meditation is science, but it's been labeled mambo-jumbo so that we buy as many pills for our psyches.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Ahem, did you watch the AO final? He was calm as they come. Meditation is science, but it's been labeled mambo-jumbo so that we buy as many pills for our psyches.
He was at ease, but not calm by any means. Roared his lungs out even after it was clear Nadal couldn't get out of there soon enough. If you want to see calm on the court, look at Federer (at least when he's winning).

Now, about meditation, it's not easy to define - and the way it's practiced and promoted, it's anything but scientific. Won't argue about the pills, though, that's a real problem.

·
Registered
14,503 Posts
Nobody was wrong, the guy had terrible losses, had terrible conduct on court and we had all the right to have fun while it lasted but somehow most of us knew he was going to comeback sometime just not as good as this
Djokovic is like a phoenix. He can resurrect himself from the lowest lows, and come back with a vengeance, but nowadays he just likes to cruise to wins, with nobody getting really hurt in the process.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
One thing that struck me at the AO press conference, is him talking about the court being the place where he is naked, where he is his true self – whether shouting and bitching or being in complete calmness and focus. We are all on that spectrum throughout our life, trying to understand why we react they way we do to certain things.

I guess that's who he is spiritually as well, peeling off the layers of himself, going for self discovery and realisation, which is very connected to what he does off court as well.

For Djokovic it really seems he can go through those "life" emotions in a single match. He doesn't have the "game mode" of Nadal (never die) or Federer (complete control). He can go from beast mode Ultron to a bitching and moaning 14 year old who doesn't like the conditions he's been given. He is just Novak, a spectrum of emotions, naked and revealed for all to see. A tennis court is his dojo and his spiritual sanctuary.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
He was at ease, but not calm by any means. Roared his lungs out even after it was clear Nadal couldn't get out of there soon enough. If you want to see calm on the court, look at Federer (at least when he's winning).
Now, about meditation, it's not easy to define - and the way it's practiced and promoted, it's anything but scientific. Won't argue about the pills, though, that's a real problem.
Novak roared in the middle of 3rd set, his approach to the match was very calm. Federer also worked on his mental game and focus. Watch him at the start of his career when he was very nervous on court.

Forget "spirituality", meditation is brain exercise. You don't have to burn incense and sit in lotus pose. A lot of ordinary things we do in a day can be made into meditation, like taking a shower or reading a book. There are different degrees of meditation. Advanced Gnostic meditation includes practice with concentrating on "sacred geometry" shapes. it's like a code for a computer really, very scientific. Of course, there are many quacks in the field.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Novak roared in the middle of 3rd set, his approach to the match was very calm. Federer also worked on his mental game and focus. Watch him at the start of his career when he was very nervous on court.

Forget "spirituality", meditation is brain exercise. You don't have to burn incense and sit in lotus pose. A lot of ordinary things we do in a day can be made into meditation, like taking a shower or reading a book. There are different degrees of meditation. Advanced Gnostic meditation includes practice with concentrating on "sacred geometry" shapes. it's like a code for a computer really, very scientific. Of course, there are many quacks in the field.
I don't know too much about how the human brain works, certainly not as much as I would need to state with any degree of certainty that meditation is scientific. You may be right. However... "sacred geometry" is a bit too much. :spit:

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
I don't know too much about how the human brain works, certainly not as much as I would need to state with any degree of certainty that meditation is scientific. You may be right. However... "sacred geometry" is a bit too much. :spit:
You can call it just geometry if you mind the "sacred", but that's how it's referred to. It's implemented in architecture of all temples (even ones we call parliaments, senates, courts etc), plans of major cities, ancient monumental masonry. It's the real secret behind religious and govern-mental "mambo-jumbo". It originates in nature, observable from galaxies to the smallest cells.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts