Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two titles now since the US Open and I believe a top 12 ranking. Tipsarevic has been absolutely electrifying. His serve has been monsterous, in fact, I'll go as far as to say that the serving exhibition he put on this week was thr best I've seen from a man under 6 feet tall. Jankos grounds also look fabulous. I think Tipsarevic could propel himself to the top 8 by the end of next year and possibly even make a GS final.

·
12,691 Posts
Good thread, desigundah. :yeah:

Well, i think if he stays injury free in 2012, he will end next year in the top 8. I don't see why not really? He is very talented player with great serve for a player of his height and has the balls to actually beat the top players. His record against the top players is not bad at all. I think he is just another player now (Janko V.2).

·
Registered
62,310 Posts
If he didn't hurt himself... 30% chance he wins USO I think
I think Djokovic was always winning that 3rd set, but Tipsy actually had chances even injured in 4th. And Tipsy has insane endurance.
He is defending early losses in 2 slams next year. Take those out... #6 maybe? But he's so streaky, it's hard to tell what I do. Maybe #7-10 is better, especially as Soderling returns

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
About 8th or so at max methinks. Not sure he'll keep it up and will probably fluctuate in and out of the top 10.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
maybe No 8 or even better as No 7

but the best he can do is No 6

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Hopefully the top ten. That's his only goal right now.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,472 Posts

:fiery: :fiery: :fiery:
Are you actually going to answer properly or just use stupid gifs all the time??

I'd say Tipsarevic has top 8 quality. It depends on how consistent he can be. If he's consistent, he's definitely top 8. Good player to watch when he's on. Best Serbian to watch by miles. Far better than his dull #1 countryman Djokovic.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I've seen some of his matches recently and he looks really good right now! What is important, he is really self-confident. I hope he can keep going like this next year, it may be interesting to see next Serbian in Top10.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts