Mens Tennis Forums banner

How good will Novak really be on Faster Surfaces?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know he can grind it out on these Slower Courts.You can stay with him for 4 5 6 hours. No matter how his condition is physically he will eventually grind you out.

But what about on the faster courts. With the courts becoming at an all time slow level, The Tour is massively Due for an Evolution of the courts once again and this time to become a little faster.

Dubai was a little indicator of how he might do. The year Ending COurts at 02 are a perfect litmus Test of how good he is on the faster Courts.

Will he be the real deal on the Faster Surfaces?

Discuss

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Fast surfaces?

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
He proved he can play an agressive tennis too. He grinds because of the slower courts, not the other way round. If courts were faster, he would adapt. Nadal would have a lot more trouble on really fast courts IMO.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
It would not be to his advantage but he would still be pretty damn good on faster surfaces, Dubai is a good example of this and so is his results in Usopen.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Fast surfaces are myths. I started watching tennis since the beginning of Rafole era, and even I never saw them. They don't exist.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Dubai means nothing. he won there 3 times. Djokovic can play well on any surfaces. I mean, by all means bring on 'the faster surfaces' ... I guarantee you he'll still manage to win. too much BS with this

·
Registered
10,598 Posts
Fast surfaces; what are they.:scratch:

You would certainly need a good memory.

·
Registered
27,928 Posts
This thread is absurd on so many levels.

1) fast surfaces are a myth these days
2) he has done well on fastER surfaces, so what's your doubt? :scratch:

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
Where's the option 'He'll be a bit less successful but it's hard to say without him having grown on a faster surfaces".

Dubai means nothing. he won there 3 times. Djokovic can play well on any surfaces. I mean, by all means bring on 'the faster surfaces' ... I guarantee you he'll still manage to win. too much BS with this
By all means, you don't know what you're talking about.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Where's the option 'He'll be a bit less successful but it's hard to say without him having grown on a faster surfaces".

By all means, you don't know what you're talking about.
and what makes you an expert? I've been watching tennis since 1980. what are your arguments? who is going to beat him, even if hypothetically they did change the surface speed? pls enlighten me.

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
This thread is just pointless tbh, who cares how slow the surfaces is, its not gonna make any difference at all, it just shows you that you really need to stop watching tennis. I hate the fact that we always have to talk about "what if the court is faster" or "what if the court is getting slower what will happen", its just so damn annoying if you dont like the fact that tennis is not going your way then dont watch tennis, its not that hard people:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
hed be great. jelena gencic predicted technology development that will enable this style-free, total type of tennis. she saw hell be a great athlete so she gave him basic strokes till no end, rest was mental work without much work on fine volleys, a rather useless tool - as we see now. 'no weakness' thing is hers idea.

if he was a lesser talent, than he'd probably be made with more distinction to compensate the flaw. in that sense, obviously hes insane talent, he wouldve fitted in any era with any equipment if properly trained.

sure you can understand talent in a completely different way and than deduce a different conclusion. interesting how vajda talked about how they worked on improving djokos forehand last years: "you tell him once, cause hes so talented he does it immediately".

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
How many slams has Djokovic won on fast surfaces? 0. Thank you and I suppose you need to watch a few more centuries of tennis before making a non-tardish post.
well, didn't he win the USO? that slam is not fast for you? name the faster one? I guess, we are not listening to one another... don't won't to argue with you. take care.

·
29,637 Posts
Rafarta&Grigorior♥;11806763 said:
This thread is just pointless tbh, who cares how slow the surfaces is, its not gonna make any difference at all, it just shows you that you really need to stop watching tennis. I hate the fact that we always have to talk about "what if the court is faster" or "what if the court is getting slower what will happen", its just so damn annoying if you dont like the fact that tennis is not going your way then dont watch tennis, its not that hard people:rolleyes:
Spot on, but for completely the wrong reasons.

Stopping watching is the only thing that will force the ATP to act.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Oh man.

The minute you mention "fast" or "slow" people start whining and it is tough to hear anything.

For the thousandth time ...

Novak is the best player in the world. Nobody except for the older folks (29+) are even vaguely familiar with fast surfaces. LLODRA/HAAS/HEWITT would not win Wimbledon this year if they suddenly changed it to a fast surface (like Wimbledon circa 2001). The only legitimate 29+ year old contender on a REALLY fast surface is Federer (especially grass).

Nadal, Novak and Murray (as well as EVERY younger guy) would struggle about equally. But Novak is just better than all of them at the moment ... so while it might not be pretty to watch, he'd do relatively well.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts