Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do not know much about him other than the folklore stories. He won 1 master series and had career high ranking of 7 but then failed a doping test. He came back in 2007 but never regained the top 10 form, such a same. Did he have any big victories in the last few years? I doubt it as he was pushing 30, was considered a clay courter (did win Canada though) and we all know how strong that era was.

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
Do not know much about him other than the folklore stories. He won 1 master series and had career high ranking of 7 but then failed a doping test. He came back in 2007 but never regained the top 10 form, such a same. Did he have any big victories in the last few years? I doubt it as he was pushing 30, was considered a clay courter (did win Canada though) and we all know how strong that era was.
Such a shame that a doper didn't regain the form he showed before he was caught out and banned for being a doper...... Yep, an absolute tragedy.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Such a shame that a doper didn't regain the form he showed before he was caught out and banned for being a doper...... Yep, an absolute tragedy.
your right the doping may have had something to do with his early success. Now I am glad he didn't do anything significant when he came back.

Oh look at that he lost to Novak and Rafa in 2007. I am pretty sure all top players could accomplish that easily.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
He's a bitch to play in Tennis Elbow

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
OP wants to hear an answer but no one is doing his job. Let me guess: Miami and IW? :devil:

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OP wants to hear an answer but no one is doing his job. Let me guess: Miami and IW? :devil:
I don't need to hear anything. If I can spread information or just serve as a reminder I ve done my job. Even if no one mentions it(dont know what your talking about), the fact that I have reminded(refreshed) people's memory gives me satisfaction, even if they can't come to terms with it. I am just here for the healing process.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
ugly game, like Muster, Norman or Nadal

one thing i never understood, he was huffing and puffing like he just run a marathon after a few games and he was always running down the balls :scratch:

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
quite good, he schooled federer back to back.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
LOL

The only reason they had him test positive is because he didn't take Federer's BS and was low ranked.
Only he beat Federer AFTER he was tested positive. Annoying little things facts are, are they not?

·
Your visions will happen
47,134 Posts
Canas is a fucking legend.

Beat Federer not just twice in IW 07 and Miami 07 (where I was in attendance) but also in Canada 02.

Now has his own academy down in Aventura.

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
My favourite Canas moment was when he was destroyed by Federer in Madrid.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
His game wasn't that appealing to me style-wise but he was a warrior who could challenge the big names, and unlike most Argentinian players wasn't hopeless off of clay - he was even decent on grass courts.

Also a convicted doper.

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Only he beat Federer AFTER he was tested positive. Annoying little things facts are, are they not?
He beat him before as well :secret:

It's no coincidence he took out his vengeance on Rogie.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
He beat him before as well :secret:

It's no coincidence he took out his vengeance on Rogie.
Sure thing, Roger had him framed for this 2002 loss he couldn't get over with! :worship:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts