Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IS he getting closer to the trophy of AO or USO, since he got to SF for the first time

, or,

much further away due to the crumble he got this time?

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
IS he getting closer to the trophy of AO or USO, since he got to SF for the first time

, or,

much farer away due to the crumble he got this time?
He is neither closer nor further away. If Rafa encounters a hard-hitter who is playing really well, he WILL lose on hardcourts. It has always been that way, it will always be that way. Nothing has changed. He might play a tad better on hards then he did 2 or 3 years ago, but I still don't think it'll ever be enough.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
I like Nadal but the answer to this question is clear.

He had one of the easiest draws in GS history on his was to the semi finals. He did not meet a player in the top 20,yet still couldnt reach the final.

He certainly isn't getting any closer put it that way.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Depends on the ATP, next time they might arrange 6 clowns to face him before the final, so his fans can keep believing he's improving... :lol:

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
:haha::haha::haha:
guess he's paying ATP the big bucks
"Me play Hernandez, Safin, Mello, Massu, Robredo and Gasquet, you get 200K, no pression, no?"

Reactions: scarecrows

·
Registered
596 Posts
He is neither closer nor further away. If Rafa encounters a hard-hitter who is playing really well, he WILL lose on hardcourts. It has always been that way, it will always be that way. Nothing has changed. He might play a tad better on hards then he did 2 or 3 years ago, but I still don't think it'll ever be enough.
What do you call Safin?
But in truth, Nadal isn't cut out for hardcourts, but has gotten more aggressive, and I like the way his serve is looking.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
How the hell are you supposed to tell some guy "this is how it always will be", how the hell would you know, I think he can make some alterations, he is only 21.

Replace the bolded with "than".

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
What do you call Safin?
But in truth, Nadal isn't cut out for hardcourts, but has gotten more aggressive, and I like the way his serve is looking.
Safin? Safin has never reached form he has since 2005, put Safin of 2005 or prior on a court with Nadal, in Montreal, night match, Nadal would get absolutely hammered.

People cannot take his injuries into consideration, never fails to amuse me. Do you think he would have gone from number 3 in the world dropping as low as 106 (or whatever it was) if he never got injured?

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Safin? Safin has never reached form he has since 2005, put Safin of 2005 or prior on a court with Nadal, in Montreal, night match, Nadal would get absolutely hammered.

People cannot take his injuries into consideration, never fails to amuse me. Do you think he would have gone from number 3 in the world dropping as low as 106 (or whatever it was) if he never got injured?
It's a good thing you are such a grammar expert. Thanks for correcting me. :lol:

:secret: next time you might want to try writing a sentence that makes sense.

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
It's usually seven best of five set matches in a row as far as I know:shrug:

·
Banned
2,741 Posts
If he can't be an unseeded player, than he has absolutely no chance.

·
Banned
2,741 Posts
How the hell are you supposed to tell some guy "this is how it always will be", how the hell would you know, I think he can make some alterations, he is only 21.

Replace the bolded with "than".
You really don't know anything about the style Nadal plays?

·
Registered
737 Posts
I think he's trying to improve his game since his body isn't the same but I don't think he's getting closer because he made it to the SF. Unfortunately I have to admit that he had an easy draw. I think if he met Blake and a few others he wouldn't have gotten this far. I do feel for him because I know he's really trying hard.

I also don't that in certain cases being seeded doesn't mean much. I knew Tsonga had game. He just wasn't there mentally yet.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
You are posting well above your station groundstroke. Burrow is one of the more knowledgable posters on this board. Way more knowledgable than me, and i'm not bad.. and WAY more knowledgable than you.

:angel:
Well, looking at this case only, suggesting Nadal will be able to adapt his game does not sound very knowledgeable to me. He is a pro player with a certain style. His style will not change dramatically any more. There is no chance of that happening.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts