Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Novak was scheduled for 2:30 a day session match, but when he came on court it was around 6:00...

Did the day ticket holders get screwed and have to leave, basically losing a match? or are the night session ticket holders waiting outside?

·
Registered
672 Posts
I would guess that if a center/stadium court match was pushed until later in the day that the day session ticket holders would be able to watch that match and the evening ticket holders would not (unless fans had tickets to both sessions, which many do).

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... I guess it would suck for those who only have night session tickets because they might wait for like 2 hours outside... But it's fair for the day session ticket holders.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
This cropped up last year, I think in relation to the USO? But I can't quite remember the context now. All I know is that having two sessions a day can lead to a huge amount of viable playing time being wasted between the two. Not to mention that it can hugely disadvantage players in the later session relative to those in the earlier session.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Thanks... I guess it would suck for those who only have night session tickets because they might wait for like 2 hours outside... But it's fair for the day session ticket holders.
People with night session tickets could still watch any of the outer court matches with unreserved seating while waiting for the main court evening session matches to start.

Believe me, when I go to the U.S. Open next month and only have a night session ticket for the first day I'm there (first Friday), I'm arriving as soon as I'm allowed on the grounds (5 PM) and watching whatever outer court singles matches are taking place between 5 PM and 7 PM (and possibly later depending on what match is the first Ashe Stadium match and "day session" matches still have to be played/completed).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts