Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I personally am not expecting a good showing at this tournament, just hard to see him keep getting back up and being motivated after difficult loses, especially on grass:banghead::no: . Maybe I'm wrong but I will be surprise if he makes it past the QF.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I'm not optimistic. Just like Novak last year, I was a demoralised man. That RG SF loss last year is the one that bothers me most and probably Novak most. If Novak won RG this year, he could relax we all could relax. But that weight on his shoulders is still there.

I really hope he wins, of course we all do and he does too. But I think mentally he's a beaten man.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's winning the 2nd :shrug: The last one came after his worst loss at RG, so the stage is set now :D
You got more confidence that I do. IMO 2013 RG was his worse not 2011

I'm not optimistic. Just like Novak last year, I was a demoralised man. That RG SF loss last year is the one that bothers me most and probably Novak most. If Novak won RG this year, he could relax we all could relax. But that weight on his shoulders is still there.

I really hope he wins, of course we all do and he does too. But I think mentally he's a beaten man.
As awful as that defeat was, USO 2013 bothered me the most because it was hard courts and at the USO. Under no circumstances should novak be losing hard court majors to nadal especially in his prime. it's one thing if it's clay but on hard courts. yeah that one really hurt. But I agree not optimistic or looking forward to this tournament

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts
You got more confidence that I do. IMO 2013 RG was his worse not 2011
Well last year after the loss he went into the W final, and if he didn't waste himself in that epic SF against Del Po, maybe would've had that extra strength to win it. Anyway, we'll see, he's very underrated on grass, and what's more both Nadal and Murray (and even Fed) will be heavy favorites for the win, so Nole shouldn't have too much pressure on him. Not to say that having 2 Ws would shut many a loudmouth :devil:

·
Registered
136 Posts
After this RG14 loss at final , IDK whether & how he will comeback stonger :sad: its difficult to forget such bitter loss :sobbing: , on the other hand he looks quite happy & joyful at his bachelor party , Whenever i say he will win he fucks up at Finals , so i think this time he will reach finals and loose again :devil: so that im proved wrong again

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts
Told my mate Novak is getting married after Wimbledon and his immediate response, "ffs, there goes the US Open".

Why not marry after the Aus open this year? Why did he have to wait until now?
Well, you can't organise a wedding in a week I guess, should also fit in everybody else's schedule, not just in his own :)

·
Registered
889 Posts
Well, you can't organise a wedding in a week I guess, should also fit in everybody else's schedule, not just in his own :)
Well whoever it was, be it Jelena, their parents or immediate family or even friends. Whoevever decided to do it this way has severely dented his chances.

I wonder if Novak was even 100% focused for RG? He won't be 100% focused to Wimbledon and US Open for sure. Might be a blessing in disguise as well. But overall not a good time to have a wedding, during the businest 3/4 months of the tennis year.

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts
Well, the longest break in the tennis schedule is between Wimbledon and USO, so it does make sense to make it then. No idea of course how much it's going to make him focused, but at the last two Wimbledons he wasn't getting married and he still recorded two stupid losses, so this situation shouldn't necessarily be a bad one, for sure nobody is going to expect anything from him at Wimbledon, it might as well work in his favor.

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
Well whoever it was, be it Jelena, their parents or immediate family or even friends. Whoevever decided to do it this way has severely dented his chances.

I wonder if Novak was even 100% focused for RG? He won't be 100% focused to Wimbledon and US Open for sure. Might be a blessing in disguise as well. But overall not a good time to have a wedding, during the businest 3/4 months of the tennis year.
Weather is so much better in July than January. You can't rob a girl to have great weather for her wedding :p

Well, the longest break in the tennis schedule is between Wimbledon and USO, so it does make sense to make it then. No idea of course how much it's going to make him focused, but at the last two Wimbledons he wasn't getting married and he still recorded two stupid losses, so this situation shouldn't necessarily be a bad one, for sure nobody is going to expect anything from him at Wimbledon, it might as well work in his favor.
This. Also Janko married in July after Wimbledon too and played his best tennis afterward.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Like death and taxes, it's guaranteed he'll make the semis, most likely the finals....beyond that :shrug:

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
And for Wimbledon. Like Noleta, I am wishing for the best with zero expectation. ;)
This way you don't break furniture. Very wise Lee! :p

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
This way you don't break furniture. Very wise Lee! :p
Never break anything in my life because of losing temper or getting upset :cool:

Anyway, Billabong and me are Guga fans and during his last few years in professional tennis, we developed LET (Low expectation technique) when he was struggling with hip injuries. So we have practices :lol:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Strangely enough I have a positive feeling after all his tough losses he may just be holding his favorite trophy in a few weeks time. Would be poetic. I think he could beat Dull in the final again, just hoping Andy gets put into Rafa's section once more. Federer I don't really see being an obstacle if he even gets far.

·
Registered
18,862 Posts
Never break anything in my life because of losing temper or getting upset :cool:

Anyway, Billabong and me are Guga fans and during his last few years in professional tennis, we developed LET (Low expectation technique) when he was struggling with hip injuries. So we have practices :lol:
I'll never forget that :worship: and it brought us some incredibly unexpected and happy moments in 2003-2004 :hug: I really hope Nole gets his mojo back in Wimbly, he was playing so well in Miami and Rome, cmon man :)!!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts