Mens Tennis Forums banner

What rating do you give RG 2015?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My opinion is as a spectacle the quality of the matches was generally average. The performance from Stan was amazing in the final, but the contest was not there.

The scheduling was appalling, Fed, Djoko, Murray and Monfils all on the wrong end of it.

Obviously I'm disappointed Novak didn't win, but I think I'm being fair when I say that it's been a disappointing slam.

4/10 from me.

·
Banned
923 Posts
tennis is alive/10

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Even as a Nadal fan, the Final alone makes this RG a 10 for me. Right up there with 2006, 2008, and 2013.

·
Registered
14,895 Posts
8/10

The first week was not very good, quite boring even. But the 2nd week was really good, and Stan winning the whole thing (and how he did that) was absolutely amazing!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
3/10 - hope those babolat balls go out of production, they are not meant for clay.

·
Registered
564 Posts
8/10 Best tournament of the year so far. Or at least the final was the best match of the year so far.

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Honestly, it was a very good slam considering this year's AO. AO had few tight matches and ones with drama or upsets.

Wawrinka-Djokovic - Absolutely highest form of tennis display I have seen in a pretty long time
Djokovic-Murray - From end of third set was great tennis and drama
Wawrinka-Federer - Again was great tennis
Tsonga-Berdych - Fantastic tennis.
Monfils-Cuaves - Drama and Entertainment

There were a few other matches that were good in term of drama or excitement. Coric-Robredo or Dimitrov-Sock etc. All in all was a very good tournament.

7/10.

Rafa losing at RG is best thing for MTF no?

·
Registered
14,627 Posts

kind of boring early rounds and the Nadal / Novak match dissapointing but there were plenty of great matches on the other side of the draw and the final was one of the best in years simply because it was great to see how effective aggressive tennis can be on those courts

Soderling almost showed that way back when, but Stan finished the job

cool stuff

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
I love RG but the draw/scheduling was bad, bad, bad.
wah wah wah

anyone who truly thinks playing a set and half of tennis on Saturday effected much of anything are crazy

1 - 20 of 49 Posts