Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joachim Johansson did it last year against Vliegen in Stockholm. Crazy how Hewitt saved his first match point on a let cord winner and the second on a second serve ace.
Yea, crazy indeed.

All I know is a break at this point in his career would have been nice for Dominik!

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
I saw it, huge balls on the 2nd serve.

How lucky was Hewitt on the point at 4-6 in the tie break though, clipped the net and dropped over. Poor Dominik, awful luck.

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Funny how when a player goes for this and makes it by an inch they have big balls but when they miss by an inch they are a choker when the two are meant to be at opposite ends of the spectrum it appears at times they almost meet.

·
Registered
8,841 Posts
Funny how when a player goes for this and makes it by an inch they have big balls but when they miss by an inch they are a choker when the two are meant to be at opposite ends of the spectrum it appears at times they almost meet.
:lol:

Nah, I don't think it's a choke if you're MP down, and not in the lead :p

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
:lol:

Nah, I don't think it's a choke if you're MP down :p
I guess you're right but at *5-6 in a breaker you are actually on serve. If not choker then headcase or some such terminology for someone whose tennis becomes worse in pressure situations.

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
Ive done it before a couple of times, obviously not in a big situation like this but I feel like theres not much to lose and if ive to go out, do it on my own terms.

·
Registered
10,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's reckless, but Hewitt has been serving big today (but not a massive first serve %).

·
Registered
10,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha, of-fucking-course Hewitt double faults at *6-5 0-0. Do that earlier!

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
thats it, hewitts won.

·
Registered
10,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jesusssssssssssssssssss.

The only good part is Dominik will not have a chance to ruin his perfect record against Roger. :p

·
Registered
976 Posts
haha good point :)

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
In the 2004 Cincy final Hewitt hit a df on MP. He was already down a break though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts