Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Terrible, ugly forehand

Votes: 7 15.2%
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nadal's forehand is a shot that divides opinion. Some think it is one of the best forehands ever, some (myself included) think it is overrated and some think it is plain ugly. I'd like to know how the MTF folks feel about this shot.

I will say the one Nadal forehand I do like is the banana shot, but he doesn't do it very often. Best one was against Nando at the AO.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Well, for starters it's the shot that made you lose your sanity, so it's bound to be a bit good ;)

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Ugliest stroke ever. Not natural at all. Only thanks to new strings etc.
But it's the best shot. The best defencive anti-tennis shot

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Hideous but efficient.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Nadal's forehand is a great shot, but a bit overrated as well. It has been exposed many times by players with strong two-handed backhands, especially on quicker surfaces. For example, Djokovic, del Potro and Davydenko have done it on quite a few occasions.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nadal's forehand is a great shot, but a bit overrated as well. It has been exposed many times by players with strong two-handed backhands, especially on quicker surfaces. For example, Djokovic, del Potro and Davydenko have done it on quite a few occasions.
Djoker in particular owns his forehand with his backhand. Djoker's backhand is one of the best shots ever, whereas I feel Nadal's forehand is vastly overrated by his fans. Exposed so many times with players with solid double handers and doesn't produce many winners. His best shot for sure. But overrated.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I don't really get how anyone can really call this anything but a great shot. Sure Nadal has won a lot of matches partly on mental fortitude and physical qualities, but it's the one and only stroke he can really use to demolish his opponents (except maybe for rare servedal occurences).

Sure you can think it's ugly (I do, except for the occasional running defensive forehand) and maybe even call it overrated to some extend, but it just has to be a very effective shot, how else could he possibly win all these matches.

If it's one of the greatest ever? Nadal's forehand especially is very hard to compare in my opinion cause it's so unique and not really usable with old racket/string technology, probably. Definitely top 5 of the last 10 years.

(And sure it has broken down on a few occasions but only by very specific opponents/other fantastic shots)

·
Banned
1,221 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,610 Posts
It's one of the best shots ever.

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Nadull usually makes 1 winner of 50 shots with his forehand . It's like to say Ferrer has one of the best serves ever because he sometimes hits aces :lol:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts