Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. The main reason that I decided to create an account with menstennisforums.com is because i wanted to find out if anyone knew how to enter challenger tournaments. This is my first time ever making a post in a forum so i am kind of new to this. If someone could please tell me how to qualify for a challenger tournament and how to enter i would greatly appreciate it!!! Thank You

·
MONSOON season.
81,416 Posts
Like I suggested in the other thread, it is best to contact the ATP (or even the ITF). They have the qualified people with the right knowledge :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for the information, i am planning on contacting the ATP, but i am still only 14 years old so i have another question, do you know how i can enter junior tennis tournaments?

·
MONSOON season.
81,416 Posts
Soonerfan1590 said:
Thank you so much for the information, i am planning on contacting the ATP, but i am still only 14 years old so i have another question, do you know how i can enter junior tennis tournaments?
New is that you need an IPIN code. If you don't have it, you can forget about playing ITF Junior events. More information here: http://www.itftennis.com/ipin/

I also hope this information from the ITF site will help:

Playing on the ITF Junior Circuit

The ITF Junior Circuit is a series of tournaments for players aged 18 & Under aimed at improving competitive opportunities and helping to develop a players' skills.

The 2004 Circuit is open to players born between 1 January 1986 and 31 December 1991. A total of around 300 tournaments will be held in approximately 110 countries throughout the year.

ITF Junior Circuit tournaments only accept entries submitted through a National Association. Players who are not a member of an official team must obtain written confirmation from their Association giving permission for their entry to be considered by the tournament organisers.

Tournaments are graded according to the strength of entry, with the most ranking points being awarded for the nine major championships (Grade A), which include the four Grand Slam events. Grades are listed with tournament details on the ITF Junior Circuit Calendar.

Depending on the level of the event, entries into main draw and qualifying are based on the following criteria:

Singles
a) ITF Junior World Ranking
b) ATP/WTA rankings - tournaments Graded A, 1-3 should consider only those players who are ranked in the professional game of ATP 500 or better or WTA 300 or better for the main draw.
c) If players do not have any ITF or ATP/WTA rankings the tournament committee should take into consideration a player's recent results.
d) Where players are considered to be of a similar standard, preference should be given to players from the country with the fewest players already accepted for the main draw.
e) Regional or national rankings can only be used to determine acceptances when considering players without an ITF or ATP/WTA ranking.

A Junior World Ranking will certainly be necessary to enter Group A, 1, 2, and 3 events, but even entry into Group 4 and 5 events is likely to be based on players' rankings.
When starting out on the Circuit, it is advisable to concentrate on Group 4 and 5 events to try and earn your first ranking points. If entry into the main draw is not possible due to a lack of initial ranking points, you may be able to gain entry into qualifying at this level.

Results from these tournaments are fed into a computer to produce the Combined Junior World Rankings. Rollover rankings, which are updated on a weekly basis and published every Monday, are based on a player's best six singles results plus one quarter of the best six doubles results over the previous 12 months.

Tournaments Graded A, 1, 2 and 3 must provide hospitality (accommodation and meals) for all players in the singles and/or doubles main draw and a maximum of two coaches per nation. Some Grade 4 and 5 tournaments also provide hospitality, although this is not compulsory.

Information on all events can be obtained from the ITF Junior Circuit Calendar, but entries must be made on the official entry from, obtained direct from the tournament. The tournaments are responsible for the acceptance of players into their events.

Information given in the ITF Junior Circuit Calendar may be subject to alteration during the year. National Associations and players must therefore ensure that they carefully study the official entry form and fact sheet provided direct by the tournament to see if there have been any later alterations to detail.

In particular it is recommended that the hospitality provision for players and coaches and the closing date for entries are checked as ITF information is prepared some time in advance of the scheduled start date for most tournaments.

For any questions regarding tournaments on the ITF Junior Circuit either contact the tournament direct or the ITF Juniors department: [email protected]

Of course you can also check the site for more information ;) http://www.itftennis.com

:bigwave:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only train for 2 hours a day. To me that is a lot. But I know that if I want to make it on the junior circuit then i will have to dedicate a lot more time to tennis. How about you?

·
MONSOON season.
81,416 Posts
I have no aspirations of entering the pro / junior circuit ;)

3,170 Posts
I play 7 1/2 hours each day, the best way to enter a challenger is don't. First try to get a wild card to a future in your hometown. Also, those are very hard to get so enter a wild card tournament for the quailifier so here is how it goes

1. win quailifier wild card tournament
2. win 4 rounds in qualy tourney
3. win future tournament
4. win 3 rounds in challenger qualy
5. win challenger
6. win 3 rounds in atp event qualy
7. win atp event
8. win masters series
9. win grand slam

For many #1 is impossible ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts