Mens Tennis Forums banner

How disappointed will you be when Zverev wins USO 2020?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I won't, they both deserve it.

But I can clearly see that 90% of this forum finds only one outcome acceptable and that is Thiem winning.

Please explain, without finding pathetic reasons like: Thiem his draw was harder, Thiem plays better, bla bla.

His draw may have been harder: But according to what I know, the players don't choose their opponents.

Thiem plays better: So what? Its a final and whoever wins did their part to win.

·
Registered
793 Posts
The "Kyrgios is a legend" poll option was great. If Zverev wins, that's one thing we can all use for comfort.:D

To answer the question, I'll be disappointed after a Zverev victory, for sure, as Thiem is one of my main favorites.

With that said, I gotta agree with the OP that Zverev has got far too much bashing on MTF. Sascha haters have used quotes such as "it's my f*cking court" as an excuse to criticize him in harsh terms. My feeling, though, is that much of the hate on Zverev comes from betters losing money. Him double-faulting in crucial moments when he looked a sure winner, no doubt has made some posters furious.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
If Dominic loses the final, I would be very very disappointed and even angry. Regarding the level of play shown by both players until the final, it would also add the disappointment as Dominic played really well in his last 3 matches and showed a lot of maturity And Sascha was totally crap at the start of his matches vs Coric and PCB but credit to him, he found a way to improve his tennis during the match and is a fighter. The fact that I don't like at all Sascha would also increase my disappointment. Actually, I would be mad for a while in case Dominic does not win tonight and it would take some time to accept it. But hopefully for me, I am not only a fan of tennis and not only Dominic, I like cycling very much too for instance (practicing and watching) and I like to follow the challenger tour as well. So even it would be very difficult to accept a victory of Sascha and defeat of Dominic at the same time, I would find a way to put my mind on other stuff.

·
Your visions will happen
48,551 Posts
Thiem the much more complete player, consistent on all surfaces, hard worker, not a clown, likeable guy, and logical next champ. If he allows Zverev to win this, he should be ashamed of himself because who knows when he gets another chance like this. You can't just assume Big 3 will go away. An entire generation is still waiting for that. Dimitrov went bald waiting for that. Thiem is 27 now. If he wants to make a push for HOF and maybe even all time greatness, he's gotta win NOW.

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
I know I shouldn't, but I am bored...
Please, explain how wanting to reward a more in form player, who's been showing a higher level and beating better opponents through the tournament is "pathetic reasoning". But please, without pathetic reasoning such as "It is because I think it is!". Thank you in advance. :)

·
Registered
8,003 Posts
I would be over moon

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Irrelevant, neither r proven vs big 3 in GS finals lucking out to avoid no.1. Speaking of no.1, Nick the prick is the no.1 douchebag of ATP & a ‘legend’ in his own mind.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts