Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Banned
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 finals at RG, 6 sets for Nadal 2 for Djokovic. 9-6 h2h at the moment at Majors, will be 10-6 when Nadal routines him as per usual in a slam final outside Australia.

Will it cement Djokovic as the 3rd of his era behind Nadal and Federer?

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
Humnilliating!

I noticed they put the previous version of this thread directly into ruins.
Yet there is the exact same thread asking the same of nadal that stays in general.

WTF????

·
Banned
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another pathetic thread by a really insecure individual. Imagine making the same exact thread after the first one got sent to the trash can.
Oh the irony given there is a Djokovic devotee who created a similar thread. Cannot see you whining on there lol.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Oh the irony given there is a Djokovic devotee who created a similar thread. Cannot see you whining on there lol.
Maybe just maybe it is cause he called Nadal as Nadal and you called Djokovic as Thirdwheelovic. Come on, it shouldn't have been so hard to figure it out. Anyway, your thread is basically pointless as Djokovic is not the king of clay who brags 98 - 2 match record at Roland Garros. Just wait a few more years and create similar thread at the Australian Open.

Reactions: sav001

·
Registered
19,593 Posts
Except that the author of that thread is not a Djoker fan.
Try again, because you're clearly misinterpreting here several things.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
It can't be worse than the FO 2008 final, and people got over it(same goes to AO 2019 final) so it won't be devastating, at all. Maybe only in some haters minds

Reactions: n00b

·
justice for all
16,855 Posts
So according to Djokofans a mirror thread is OK but this thread is „pathetic” „ruins worthy”, „ban deserving”, „stupid”, etc.
You guys are not only deluded. You lack elementary logical thinking.

·
Administrator
9,549 Posts
Humnilliating!

I noticed they put the previous version of this thread directly into ruins.
Yet there is the exact same thread asking the same of nadal that stays in general.

WTF????
Interesting isnt it lol.
It got sent to The Ruins because of 'Thirdwheelovic' in the thread title since mocking nicknames (besides from a few harmless ones like MugX etc.) are not in congruence with the GM rules. As you see this thread keeps in GM since it has Djokovic in the title

Reactions: a1canada

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
It got sent to The Ruins because of 'Thirdwheelovic' in the thread title since mocking nicknames (besides from a few harmless ones like MugX etc.) are not in congruence with the GM rules. As you see this thread keeps in GM since it has Djokovic in the title
That's what i thought, but there are so so many troll threads up about Nadal, in General, that I am not impressed with that as an example of fair moderation.
Sorry, I see huge problems here, again, with what's going down.
The minute Nadal is playing again, it starts. It was very calm during the USO.
So after all the Nadal troll threads went up, some Nadal fans starting putting up Djok troll threads in response.
It happened in exactly that order.
A troll thread is a troll thread, regardless of a mocking name.

Second, there was a very valid thread created called "Why is this place so respectless?" That opened a much needed discussion about the real problem here of chronic bashing of players--not just Nadal, but the general lack of respect shown to great athletes, and of course all the bashing of posters here as well. That thread got locked immediately!!!

This struck me as really censorious, like shut down all conversation on what's wrong here and how we might make it better.
If the mods even care, they need to figure out a different way of improving the quality of discussion on this site.
So very quickly, it becomes impossible to even talk about tennis, it's just all insult hurling and fighting and echh.
You know I have a huge amount of ignores and I still see this.

Something should be done.
You should open a thread for i put on this very subject, and not censor genuine conversation about what's wrong here. Sure, delete or ban all the hurlers of insults, and also please look at who threw the first punch.
There is a tradition here of baiting, then banning the 2nd punch, usually coming form a nadal fan.
'
Also, that terrible "Poll" of most hated poster. This is just disgusting, and mods participate in it! That says more about this place than anything.

Just a few ideas. I respond at length to you because I have some faith in you.

·
Administrator
9,549 Posts
That's what i thought, but there are so so many troll threads up about Nadal, in General, that I am not impressed with that as an example of fair moderation.
So after all the Nadal troll threads went up, some Nadal fans starting putting up Djok troll threads in response.

Second, there was a very valid thread created called "Why is this place so respectless?" That opened a much needed discussion about the real problem here of chronic bashing of players--not just Nadal, but the general lack of respect shown to great athletes, and of course all the bashing of posters here as well. That thread got locked immediately!!!

This struck me as really censorious, like shut down all conversation on what's wrong here and how we might make it better.
If the mods even care, they need to figure out a different way of improving the quality of discussion on this site.
So very quickly, it becomes impossible to even talk about tennis, it's just all insult hurling and fighting and echh.
You know I have a huge amount of ignores and I still see this.

You should open a thread for i put on this very subject, and not censor genuine conversation about what's wrong here. Sure, delete or ban all the hurlers of insults, and also please look at who threw the first punch.
There is a tradition here of baiting, then banning the 2nd punch, usually coming form a nadal fan.
'
Also, that terrible "Poll" of most hated poster. This is just disgusting, and mods participate in it! That says more about this place than anything.

First of all I thank you for your lines and your words which I will try to respond and reply to you on behalf of the mod team:

I agree that we don't do everything right, which would be boring as well by the way. Everyone of us does some mistakes here and there, as we're moderators, but regular users at the same time. It's our free time and we're not paid for the mod duties, so first of all I want to point out that we're not accountable for most of the trolling or non-GM conform stuff you read. This is the obligation of us all to act and post by the rules as much as possible.

Hence I want to pipe down some expectations set in us at times. We can't rule this forum some would wish us to do, but all in all I find it's quite good by now. We're quite lenient and freedom of speech is quite important to us (unlike a few reporters suggest), but every freedom has its limits which we're moderating.

As for the threads you have mentioned, I don't agree with you as it hasn't been calm during the USO. Most of the time there has been mocking on Federer or NextGen, barely on Nadal. Now with RG coming it's all on Nadal now ofc as he is the man to beat.
There have been a few people from the Djokotard camp quite active during US swing (for obvious reasons), now Nadal is playing and a few from his base take things too far again. However, both are treated equally. As you can see on the Banned User List as well.

The thread got locked for the only reason that people have been spamming personal attacks to each other and quite a few reports have been made. You are very welcome to create a thread or the same thread in section Community Help which was made for users to express their critique. If you want even the very same thread to be used, then just pm me to reactivate it in The Ruins. Otherwise I don't see much sense to keep a thread in GM on why this forum is respectless if the thread itself becomes respectless towards a certain base or certain users.

'

As for the most hated player, like I said above, everyone is entitled to his or her view, even moderators. In case moderators have broken the rules, this would be bad, but not such a case comes to my mind currently.

About censoring I don't really think there is censoring of opinion here. After all this thread still has survived or is still here. Nobody is a victim as banter is still allowed and people counter-attack if their idol gets criticised here as you can see. Like 90% of the recent posts we have deleted are xenophobic, racist or really vile. If you have more ideas to contribute then create a thread in the places I have mentioned (Community Help or if you really are angry with mods The Ruins) or better post it in the Ask MTF mods-thread.

·
Registered
400 Posts
So according to Djokofans a mirror thread is OK but this thread is „pathetic” „ruins worthy”, „ban deserving”, „stupid”, etc.
You guys are not only deluded. You lack elementary logical thinking.
I do think it's stupid and unsurprisingly it didn't receive many replies unlike the thread about Nadal. The reason is simple. Roland Garros is Nole's least successful slam at least going by number of titles he has won there. Losing against the most dominant player ever at a single major who boasts 98 - 2 match record at the event can only be humiliating in the eyes of a tard. However, for Rafa who has never lost a final at RG and has won 12 majors there, it could potentially harm his legacy. At least it makes some sense in my eyes. Btw, I personally don't think it would be the case. The thread we have here would have some merit to me in relation to Djokovic at the Australian Open. In this case it is pathetic even more given that it was started in response to Nadal's thread. As a logical thinking person I thought you would see the logical difference.

·
justice for all
16,855 Posts
I do think it's stupid and unsurprisingly it didn't receive many replies unlike the thread about Nadal. The reason is simple. Roland Garros is Nole's least successful slam at least going by number of titles he has won there. Losing against the most dominant player ever at a single major who boasts 98 - 2 match record at the event can only be humiliating in the eyes of a tard. However, for Rafa who has never lost a final at RG and has won 12 majors there, it could potentially harm his legacy. At least it makes some sense in my eyes. Btw, I personally don't think it would be the case. The thread we have here would have some merit to me in relation to Djokovic at the Australian Open. In this case it is pathetic even more given that it was started in response to Nadal's thread. As a logical thinking person I thought you would see the logical difference.
You need to understand one simple thing: tardism will be tardism irrelevant of which fanbase it comes from. It's actually pretty easy to grasp, chief.

·
Registered
400 Posts
You need to understand one simple thing: tardism will be tardism irrelevant of which fanbase it comes from. It's actually pretty easy to grasp, chief.
Only there is TARDISM and tardism. Not hard to grasp, chief. lol

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I'll never understand fans who seem to believe that it's better for a player to lose early on in a tournament rather than consistently make it to the latter stages.

It just seems ridiculous to me...

1 - 20 of 82 Posts