Mens Tennis Forums banner

221 - 240 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Assuming Novak looses in SF in RG, what’s the situation now in terms of grass season...

·
Registered
187 Posts
What about the points of Halle that Medvedev will play next week?
Will he get closer to Djokovic if he gains some points there?
He played SF in 2019, but in Queens, so he is going to drop 90 points for sure, needs at least SF in Halle to gain points

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
If Djokovic wins FO he’ll be 2000 points ahead, not sure how it’s so NID for Medvedev. But then again for months I’ve been reading the same here and still hasn’t happened..
Its not NID that Med will reach no.1 (we need to see how does on grass) but its a likely scenario. Barring a miracle, novak will not win the FO so he won't have a big point advantage over medvedev come Wimbledon.

·
Registered
80 Posts
if nole loses to rafa at roland garros, what will be the point difference and how many points does medvedev defend at wimbledon?

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Whatever happens from here on out, clearly rankings or even the WB draw won’t matter for Novak as much as for the very unproven Medved on Grass. So as i stated earlier on another thread, Medved’s best chances won’t even begin until the NA HC season begins while Novak will b too busy chasing an OG to even worry about it.

·
Registered
12,949 Posts
If Querrey can defeat peak Djokovic, then plenty of other players can defeat him if they don't shamelessly bend over.
Peak Djokovic left the planet earth as soon as Novak departed Paris with Coupe des Mousquetaires in his hands. He safely arrived back on earth two years later in Wimbledon

Reactions: SetPointDown

·
Rankings Master
16,105 Posts
Even with Medvedev eliminated, the gap has been significantly reduced, unless Nole can pass the SF round. Daniil will probably go all in during the grass season.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Really don't care about who will be no.1 at this stage, but I consider this "covid" ranking system as bad, misleading, complicated and innacurate. Really bad job from ATP.... Maybe some more knowleadgeable posters tha me like Slasher would comment on that (he likely did, but I missed it).

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
We already have this thread. There were new threads opened to subjects where we have written about before. A bit unneccessary in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
@Mods What about merging the new No. 1 med thread with this one. It is better to have it at one place.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Name them
So here is a list of 20, I guess some more could be added: Federer, Nadal, Tsitsipas, Zverev, Medvedev, Berrettini, Thiem, Rublev, FAA, Shapovalov, Fritz, Isner, Opelka, Raonic, Anderson, Cilic, Evans, RBA, Hurkacz, Davidovich Fokina.
Obviously, Djokovic would be the favourite to win in every single match he is playing in Wimbledon, but the margin on grass is small, you can very easily lose sets and matches there with just a few bad points. This is very different from clay, where the margin for the better player is much, much higher. For most of the players above, obviously, it needs a good day for them and a bad day for Djokovic, but less probable things have happened in the past at Wimbledon. See Djokovic's loss against Querrey, Federer's loss against Stakhovsky or Nadal's losses against Brown or Rosol, or Sampras' loss against Bastl.

·
25,062 Posts
@Mods What about merging the new No. 1 med thread with this one. It is better to have it at one place.
There, also merged threads that are talking about how Medvedev can reach World No. 1.

·
Your visions will happen
52,306 Posts
Well Djokovic needs to extend it as much as possible in RG, after that we can do the new calculations

·
NAPRED NOLE
1,903 Posts
Its not NID that Med will reach no.1 (we need to see how does on grass) but its a likely scenario. Barring a miracle, novak will not win the FO so he won't have a big point advantage over medvedev come Wimbledon.
Watching Nadal at the moment, you still think he needs a miracle? Show some confidence as a fan of an 18 time GS winner..😉

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Watching Nadal at the moment, you still think he needs a miracle? Show some confidence as a fan of an 18 time GS winner..😉
My name is skepticism, nice to meet you 😛
Diego beating Nadal will be considered a miracle in my book, but we all know rafa will turn it around and up his game for the djokovic match (if novak beats the Italian, well, the other Italian...).

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Tsitsipas or Schwartzman will beat him anyway. I do not have confidence. Zero.
He even struggled against Murray big time in 2015 and 2016.

221 - 240 of 307 Posts