Re: Houston R1: Go Soeda def. [Q] Lleyton Hewitt 4-6 7-6(3) 6-3

Is Hewitt done?:confused:
Time to retire?:wavey:
Might not win another slam. :sad:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

Hewitt is, unfortunately, done. Losing to mugs left right and center. Sad to see, but I think he should hang the racquet after this season.

·
Registered
21,283 Posts

Rusty shouldn't be ashamed of himself, he's had a great career.

At this point you just hope for the last miraculous title run at one of the grass MMs.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts

Certainly in the final straits now, but barring injury, I think he still has one fine moment left in him. Will still appear at the slams, in the grass season and be a great backup in Davis Cup, then retire on RLA. There are worse ways to end your career.

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
To be fair, he did win two ATP tournaments in 2014, so wildcards in 2015 to a couple tournaments is no biggie.

·
Registered
22,293 Posts
I like how it almost took a full day for this thread to be created.

·
MONSOON season.
82,312 Posts

Go ain't no mug, he's #92.:D
Total clay mug though. Much worse than a large portion of players ranked 100-200.

·
Registered
19,393 Posts
Losing to Soeda on clay after a set and a break up :spit: Time to hang the racquet

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Poor Rusty :sad:

I hope he can put together one last finals run at a 500 tournament or one of the grasscourt warmups. I think for all his hard work on the tour over these many years he deserves to retire on Rod Laver Arena next year after a hard-fought night session instead of slowly fading away and having to call it quits on account of some injury incurred later this year during the 1st round of a 250.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Poor Hewitt is so done this days. I don't know why he doesn't think to retire.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
He deserves all the wild cards he is getting though. Because at the end of the day, he will still pull in more crowd to matches than most other tennis players.

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Is it really that surprising? Hewitt has pretty much been a total nonentity since last July. He's just embarrassing himself at this point and it's fairly laughable to watch.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
I reckon I could probably beat Hewitt at this rate

OK not really, but still, since Newport he's been barely Top 200-standard.

·
Registered
11,291 Posts
Soeda is like 2-7 on clay. Both wins came against former No. #1 (Roddick and Hewitt) :superlol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts