Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26,105 Posts
Nice surprise. He looked done in February, physically weak and his tennis didn't look any talented either. A lot worse than your average comeback player.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
He took time out and went on a 9 weeks training to prepare for the clay. Boytoy is back for now

Reactions: The Prince

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
Sandgren is actually a pretty fine player, so this is very encouraging for Sweeting. Long way to go, but there does appear to be some kind of a light at the end of the tunnel*.

*That is if you think being a boy toy for a couple of years is a bad thing. ;)

·
Registered
11,290 Posts
Sad result for tennis and Tennys, but bear in mind Sweeting was the champion here (beat Nishikori en route) a couple of years ago.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts
Sad result for tennis and Tennys, but bear in mind Sweeting was the champion here (beat Nishikori en route) a couple of years ago.
dont remind me that

·
Banned
15,396 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Wow, I watched his earlier challenger matches this year and he looked like a washed out heroin addict. This is an amazing amazing turnaround in 9 weeks. He's obviously really put in some work. Good luck to him the rest of the way. Looks like he may actually be serious about a comeback. I'm pulling for him.

·
MONSOON season.
81,993 Posts
I'm so glad to see this result :worship:

He has got enough game to make it back to the Top 100 IMO. It's just a question of motivation and whether his body holds up.

·
Your visions will happen
48,645 Posts
Great win for Sweeting. Only 27, so not even in prime yet. Takes big talent to go from Kaley Cuoco's sex dungeon to a top 200 win in 2 months

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
The most impressive performance from a stay-at-home spouse since Clijsters came back to win the US Open.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts