Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent this morning with a friend at the Arts&Crafts Festival Downtown. I enjoy checking out all the real nice 'artsy' things. I saw some real nice craftsmanship and most definitely have a nice appreciation for the intricate and dedicated work of some of these crafters. It was just too hot, and today and Monday are both supposed to be scorchers! This one booth had Reliefs that looked they were taken from the Greek and Roman Ruins. I thought they looked pretty neat, as all of them were 'broken', 'cracked', or otherwise made to look like they were from a bygone era. I was very intrigued by it. Most of the ones displayed were very large, with many of them taller than me. Something that large would only look good either in a large garden, complete with fountains, trellises, and English Garden Style flowers, or in a large Great Room with lots of wall space, with that being the sole piece on the wall. Quite the focal point. Nevertheless, I was quite taken by all that. A miniature one would have looked great in my bathroom, which tends to look a bit Roman-Bathlike anyways. The price of these pieces were wayyyy out of my budget - as they were asking for $3,000 for some of them! I ended up buying 3 pairs of earrings (got them at a steal!) :)

I also ended up purchasing (NOT at the Craft Fair) a beautiful pair of blue and white ceramic ball shaped knobs, to be used on a drawer of some sort. I thought they would look perfect on an fold down desk that I have. (I was right....it looks great!)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts