Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Won some big money here last year thanks to India and a few other plays and have some more here that I like.

Prices aern't out yet but I like Serbia to win @ $2. But anything is possible.

The ones I like and I will dab on are Australia to beat the Czech Republic and India to beat the USA.

My reasoning.

The Czech Republic will struggle with the heat. I'd expect Molik to take care of Safarova - will be paying a good price. Molik on the comeback trail and is determined to have a good start to the year. With the heat, I think she will cope with the conditions better than Safarova and take the win.

I'd probably expect Berdych to take care of Luczak. If that happens, then I'll back the Australian doubles combination of Luczak and Molik who are excellent doubles players to take care of the rest.

Onto India. I'm backing them the same as I did last time.

Bopanna will lose to Fish. However, Mirza will have enough to take care of Shaugnessey. And I think the Mirza/Bopanna doubles combination will get them across the line again.

So when the prices will come out I'm on Australia and India and I will be on Molik to take out Safarova and Mirza to take out Shaugnessy.

Both ties played tomorrow.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
Even with home support Molik will lose to Safarova!!Serbs look hard to beat but then there's the French double of Clement/Golovin can be a good threat,just dont know what your gonna get with the Love birds from Czech,both are very fragile at times!!!India could be value over USA but i believe Serena is arriving late!!

Darkhorse for the Cup - Clement n Golovin!!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
India can definitely beat USA and is great value. Sania and Ro play mixed doubles together in the Asian Cup for past 2 years now so they have chemistry. This tie should be decided in the doubles :wavey:

·
Registered
14,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
None of the books have the option on who to win the tie. That sucks. They better have one because there will be value in India and I want to jump on it.

Mirza over Shaugnessey @ $1.46

Molik over Safarova @ $2.20 - Safarova will struggle in the extreme conditions.

India to win their tie @ ???? - If I can get it.

Small play on Australia to win their tie @ $???? If I can get it.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Safarova last played in Stuttgart in October last year and according to the media conference transcript on the official site of the Hopman Cup,she said that she took 3 months off because of injury.

http://www.hopmancup.com.au/default.aspx?id=713&NewsId=160

Meanwhile,Alicia has trained hard by the looks of it:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22982667-3162,00.html

As far as i remember,some pretty decent crowds in Perth,so they should get behind the Australians.

2/10 units on Molik @2,27 to start the year

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
Going with the Frenchmen!!

60 units on Arnaud Clement 2.15 over Juan Ignacious Chela - The Indoor Beast should flex his muscles!!

Good luck!!

·
Registered
537 Posts
just heard Berdych has a virus and the tournament director has agreed to reschedule the mens match to after the doubles match...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts