Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the DC team for Switzerland:

Roger Federer
Michel Kratochvil
George Bastl
Yves Allegro (possible doubles partner for Roger - they did pretty good at the AO)

Yves Allegro got the spot from Ivo Heuberger who isn't a 100 % fit. Plus he's a good alternate as a doubles partner for Roger.

Hooopppp Schwiiizzz!!

Registered
lol ;) Swissies :p :bounce: you can do it :)

Registered
Our Swissies head-to-heads :D

Federer vs Shalken

2001 -- US Open (Hard), R32 -- Federer 6-4, 7-5, 7-6
2002 -- 's-Hertogenbosch (Grass), QF -- Schalken 3-6, 7-5, 7-6

Federer vs Sluiter

2001 -- 's-Hertogenbosch (Grass), QF -- Federer 6-7, 6-4, 6-4

Federer vs Krajicek

2000 -- Vienna (Hard), QF -- Federer 6-4, 6-3
2002 -- 's-Hertogenbosch (Grass), R32 -- Federer 6-2, 7-5

=============================================

Kratochvil vs Schalken

2001 -- Tokyo Outdoor (Hard), QF -- Kratochvil 6-3, 6-4
2002 -- TMS Hamburg (Clay), R64 -- Schalken 6-4, 6-4

Kratochvil vs Sluiter

2000 -- Houston CH (Clay), SF -- Kratochvil 6-4, 7-5
2000 -- Charleroi CH (Carpet), R16 -- Kratochvil 6-2, 7-5
2001 -- Australian Open (Hard), R128 -- Kratochvil 6-2, 6-2, 7-6

Kratochvil vs Krajicek

Never met

Registered
Throw head to heads out the window!

PLAY WITH ALL DIVINITY SWISSLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chiudi-fan
Grrr. today I can't see the first match, and maybe only a little part of the second match...... Just because of school :sad:
And I'm not sure if they show the match of tomorrow at tv, because of the world championship speedskating.... But happily I will be in Arnhem at Sunday, I can't wait..... Come on Switserland!!!! Good luck today!!!!!!

Banned
i think Rosset will play the second singles and also the doubles.Maybe Stanislas will get in the team,after his great results of last few weeks.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
And it's confirmed Stanislas got into the Davis Cup-Team.

Here's the translations from the Blick report:

Daviscup levy (hope that's the right word) for Wawrinka

Biel - The two trounament wins from Stanislas Wawrinka lately have not been hidden by the unioncheefs. Now the 18 year old recieved a levy for the Davis Cup semifinal in Australia.

The swiss Davis Cup team will travel with Roger Federer, Michel Kratochvil, George Bastl, Ivo Heuberger and Yves Allegro to Melbourne for the semifinal against Australia (19. - 21. September)

For the first time the team captain Marc Rosset naminated with the agreement of the other players the Waadtl盲nder Stanislas Wawrinka. With the levy Rosset reacts to the continious increase, the actual French Open Junior Champ showed during the past two weeks with his two challanger titles in San Benedetto and Geneva.

As also teamleader Roger Federer in 1998 against Tschechien shall now also Wawrinka, climbed up to 175 in the rankings, be integrated in the team.

well all I say is good joyce!!

and

Hooooppppp Schwiiiiizzzzz!!

Banned
he chose basically all swiss players!!just 4 will be in the team though,so stanislas will be more a hitting partner.neway good luck to switzerland!

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Well guess he plans also for the future...

I mean Ivo and George won't play for ever (and aren't in great form nowadays anyways)
Still a big questionmark behind Michel and Yves hasn't proven much either so I can understand this move

Banned
i still think Rosset will play the doubles with Rogi and maybe Michel the singles...of course switzerland has to win the 2 rogi's singles and the doubles cos i doubt that michel or ivo or anyone else can beat hewitt or philippoussis.

Banned
the swiss team will leave for australia tomorrow,so they'll have 2 full weeks of practising there.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts