Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Banned
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok on tuesday i will travel to malta with my family, the first holiday in quite a few years :eek: I noticed furry's post about turkey and he got a few responses, so i was hoping to get a few here too!

Anybody been to Malta before and can recommend us anything about food, customs or whatever?

We have hired a car for a few days, so are looking for nice places to travel to all over the island (i am taking my cameras so want to find some nice places for taking photos too). So if you could reccomend any places for that as well?

Thanks, hopefully there are some maltese people here :cool:

:wavey:

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
How long are you in Malta joe?

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Malta is the main island, but there are 2 other ones called Gozo and Comino, that are worth seeing. You got a car which is the best way to get around, there is a lot of history in Malta with all the different groups of invaders.

Most people will speak English, as for food pastizzis are like pasties and are popular, then again so is eating rabbit, but I have some Maltese friends I'll milk them for some more info.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
hello :wavey:

I am half maltese and visit the island normally once a year/every other years. My favourite thing about Malta is the history and that it is a small island and very nice to explore if you have free time. As GeorgeWhitler said lots English is spoken there as well as Maltese. My favourite site is the ruins at Hagar Quim temple complex. Some nice churches and historical buildings too! The beaches are also very nice, my favourite is Paradise Bay at the northern most point of the island by the Gozo Ferry.

The Hagar Quim Temple Complex

Paradise Bay

It is also quite hot in Malta so take a cap, sunglasses and sun cream.
Have fun there :)

I hope I was helpful

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Popeye Village- Beautiful Place. Some of the streets are very narrow though, i think theres one city you can't get into by car. It's a beautiful country though. HAVE FUN

·
Ace Loveforty
83,399 Posts
I was there last year in November so not a ideal period for going to the beach. I was quite busy so I didnt have the chance to visit it a lot.
Anyway, it's quite nice, the nightlife is great and people are very friendly.
I didnt like the food particulary, except the cheese. They had a lot of types and all were delicious.
You can go from one side of the country to the other in less than one hour drive, and it's funny how different cities are 10 minutes far from each other.

Bye and have fun

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Malta is small but has a population of almost a million. Almost all of them speak English even though it is only a stone's throw away. You will like it I'm sure. I've been there, I also would like to visit Gibraltar and Spanish enclaves Ceuta and Mellilla.

·
F***ing have it
17,562 Posts
good luck, joeb :hug:

·
Banned
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone! I have noted these places and we will try to drive there and also maybe go on some day trips!

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
Have fun my friend:hug: :kiss:

·
Banned
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Forgot to mention, i will be going to Qawra (which i believe is the tourist area). So i am glad we have the car and are able to get around :)

But will be hard having no internet access for 7 days :eek: havent had to do that for about 4-5 years :lol:

·
Banned
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Ok i am back :D After arriving at gatwick at 1.20am last night, i had to wait one fucking hour for them to decide where the suitcases were being placed :mad: So i didnt get home until 4.20 AM

The holiday was ok, i went to some nice places (especially rabat, that was my favourite place). Went to the temples, blue grotto (no boats running) Valleta :D So having the car helped, as where we were staying was an ugly tourist place (we could go to the nice places!) The food was great, i fucking love fish and there was great food like mussels and my new favourite grilled octopus :cool:

Maltese girls are some of the nicest looking women i have ever seen (exactly the kind of women i like; Dark olive skin, dark hair). After returning to england, i now realise how bad the women here look, there is a real lack of natural beauties! And most of our beauties are not even of english origin! I must add, maltese girls aged 12-20 dress like total sluts, I thought england was bad for the teens dressing like slappers, but after going to malta i had to think again! I dont think i saw nicely dressed teenager. Could anyone from malta tell if the girls aged 12-20 that dress like slappers, are actually sluts (or its only their appearance?) If these girls were your gf/daughters, you would be embarassed to walk around with them because they are dressed so cheaply. The older women are a different story though, they seem to dress with class :yeah: and there are far more attractive older women there in malta.

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,842 Posts
FYI- Older women are always more attractive ;) Glad you had a good time.

·
Banned
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
cobalt60 said:
FYI- Older women are always more attractive ;) Glad you had a good time.
Well not usually ones who are 40-50 :eek: well definately not in england :lol: But they do seem alot more well kept in places like malta. Alot of the women of that age here look quite a mess :help: Maltese women also seem to have bigger breasts :D But that could be due to the hot weather, that they are more visible than the countries where women cover them up :shrug:

But i do agree with you about the older women looking nicer :yeah: 25-40 or so are often alot nicer than these younger girls :yeah:

1 - 20 of 83 Posts