Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WTF! I was watching Federer vs. Acasuso, and I have a feeling it's going to be a great match. They were on serve and everythign and it looked like it was gonna go on and then without warning, Cliff Drysdale starts busting out his closing espn words "this has been a presentation..." THEY CHOOSE TO SHOW LITTLE LEAGUE INSTEAD? WTF!!! W T F!!! PLEASE! I really think this is gonna be a big match. Acasuso is so talented. Maybe even an upset. CAn someone please please record this? Maybe that way there's a chance to have it up on the bittorrent tennis match website.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
believe me they willl have 10 times more viewers watching Little League than they did watching Roger 'Bore me to death' Federer. Anytime, anyplace they would do it again. Old topic.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Stupid ESPN. :banghead: :banghead:

Little League is sooo boring!!! And Fed is World #1- totally deserves to be televised. And I bet if it was an Andre Agassi or an Andy Roddick they will show the whole match :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
280 Posts
You'd be surprised at how big a deal LLWS has become in this country (at least ratings wise) compared to what it used to be.

ESPN2, however, never should have started airing a match they won't likely ever finish doing so. :eek:

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
If ESPN bumps tennis, tennis fans post nasty messages on the Internet.

If ESPN bumps Little League, parents march on their Connecticut HQ with AK-47s and rocket-propelled grenade launchers.

You do the math.

·
F***ing have it
17,627 Posts
Little league of ..:confused: baseball, soccer ?

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Mistaflava said:
believe me they willl have 10 times more viewers watching Little League than they did watching Roger 'Bore me to death' Federer. Anytime, anyplace they would do it again. Old topic.
incorrect
the ESPN schedule had already been made a week prior to knowing who would be playing the second match. they have given plenty coverage to Roger, and repeated his live matches as reruns as well

And for the same reason that hewitt will only be shown if there is any time left after roddick plays tonight. guess that makes him also bore-me-to-death-hewitt

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Mistaflava said:
Roger hating is getting old. Fact is Tennis isnt 1 of the most popular sports, ofcourse ESPN will go for better ratings. Comprende

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Unfortunately, I think the Little League WS probably gets more viewers than tennis. They show what people will watch. It's the nature of running a BUSINESS.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
oneandonlyhsn said:
Roger hating is getting old. Fact is Tennis isnt 1 of the most popular sports, ofcourse ESPN will go for better ratings. Comprende
not as old as potato hating!

Little League? all week it's little league all over the place! Who cares about the little brats anyway? :shrug:

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Socket said:
If ESPN bumps tennis, tennis fans post nasty messages on the Internet.

If ESPN bumps Little League, parents march on their Connecticut HQ with AK-47s and rocket-propelled grenade launchers.

You do the math.
:haha: :lol: :rolls:

·
Registered
462 Posts
If it was an american player they would be showing this match instead of showing a foreign world number 1 in Roger Federer. I remeber everytime Pete Sampras was playing they would televise the match no matter how boring his matches were . however , since he was an american player that everyone knew and recognized , that match would get precedence over a non american player playing tennis .

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
alexandria said:
not as old as potato hating!

Little League? all week it's little league all over the place! Who cares about the little brats anyway? :shrug:
Lleyton :hug:

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Mistaflava said:
Or Roddick. Or Venus. Or Serena. Or Andre. Or all four of them playing grand slam finals at once. Little League gets HUGE ratings, and sells its rights very cheaply, so it's a guaranteed money-maker for ESPN.

AJ, Little League is baseball for kids (or at least the ones without faked birth certificates).

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
starsports is showing badminton and cctv5 is showing athletics :sad: the federer match isn't being shown anywhere online :(

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
I never understood showing the Little League World Series, I'm sure someday I will be at tons of my kids' random little league games. I see no reason to subject myself to that now.

Edit to note that I don't have any kids now (that I know of ;) so maybe I see it differently.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
croat123 said:
starsports is showing badminton and cctv5 is showing athletics :sad: the federer match isn't being shown anywhere online :(
None of the matches are online today, they will be showing the semis tomorrow though

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
oneandonlyhsn said:
None of the matches are online today, they will be showing the semis tomorrow though
damn, oh well, espn is only showing one semi live so we can watch the other one live (with better commentators) online at least :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Debstah said:
Unfortunately, I think the Little League WS probably gets more viewers than tennis. They show what people will watch. It's the nature of running a BUSINESS.
Exactly! It's a business decision.

1997...Wimbledon semis...Pete Sampras and somebody??? :confused: ...The BBC (yes, I wrote the BBC) cancelled TV coverage of their own Wimbledon semis for CARTOONS!!!

True story!!

It happens.

jcm

1 - 20 of 80 Posts