Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Hitman. I thought I might find you at the Guga Forum.

You seems to know a lot about tennis so I want to ask you something. About the hard court surface. I heard there's Green Set and Rebound Ace. Is there other kind of hard court surface? And what's the difference?

Or do you know if there's anywhere I can find the info?

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
I heard about green set, rebound ace, supreme...
I guess the difference is that for example, the rebound ace is a squishier (sp?) surface, something like more "rubber" in it. Its softer than the cement. As Im not a native english speaker and that subject interests our media very little (since we are a clay adoring country :p) Im just making some assumptions based in what I know.
Im not sure where you can find that, but if you come across something, let me know: Im curious about that myself.
Thanks and sorry for not helping much. :)

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input anyway. I guess the question is which is the faster surface? In fact, it's not a topic that interest many so it's very hard to find any info on the subject. I even tried to send email in to experts (like ESPN or CNNSI, whoever accept questions, I guess I'm subbornly persistent!) of course, no one really cares to answer me. It's not a very important question, just that it bugs me that I can't find out the answer.

BTW, what the hell is synthetic grass is really what I want to know. I can't really imagine it. First that come to mind is those plastic make-alike plant which can't be right. But if it's not some plastic artificial stuff but real grass, then why synthetic? I think it sounds stupid. I wish I'm not that curious sometimes.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Its not real grass, yet its not the plastic plants either.

I hope that helps. ;)

(I know it doesnt, but oh well... :eek:)

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
The seeds are synthetically made. As in, chemically put together in a laboratory. It's real, in the sense that it's grass, but it's not "real" because it has been tampered with.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
:eek: Thanks TH! :wavey:

Thats what I meant since the beggining, you know... ;)

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, okay. Errrrrr, I think I understand.

Still, can't quite imagine what it is. I suppose this one you just have to see it to know. Thanks for explaining, both of you! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts