Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.mobilityl.com/play

Event in Uccle (5 mins from where I live!) where you can meet David, take pics with him, get autographs and play a few balls!

He will then play some matches vs belgian juniors.

All of the above is free! If my back is better, I'll definitely attend. I have met him a few times but never played against him >:)

Anyone living nearby interested? :smile2:

·
73,405 Posts
I hope your back gets well and you get to go. You are lucky to have the opportunity @ZellKFF

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Sounds nice, would love to go if I had the chance. Would enjoy speaking to him for a minute and tell him how much I appreciate my game.

Its a shame I missed watching him live when he was in Tampere challenger in 2014 and won the final 2-0 against Jarkko Nieminen. I was a bit of a fan ever since seeing him losing to Fed in Roland Garros 2012 in 4 sets. But I really became a fan when following his rise and seeing him get a 25 winning streak in 2014 that was broken back then by Janowicz in Winston Salem, right before this he had won a tight three setter against Nieminen. Back then I was primarily a Jarkko fan, with some other guys I liked, like Goffin, Janowicz Gulbis, Kyrgios (saw him lose to Paire in 2014 before he was cool in the entire world). Out of those Janowicz and Gulbis have fallen into complete obscurity, Kyrgios seems to try as hard as he can to lose me as a fan, but Goffin has been strumming along nicely.

I started following tennis as a jarkko fan boy. I sort of transferred these feelings to David Goffin. A sightly more succesful and talented but less mentally strong version of Jarkko. My blatant nationalism is slowly gonna make Ruusuvuori my new favourite unless he stops progressing.

Dunno why I wrote this here lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts