Mens Tennis Forums banner

What is your opinion of Hingis?

• I think she did knowingly take cocaine, but I still admire her.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I think she knowingly took cocaine and I think she is foolish and deserves a ban.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I think the test results are wrong and I think she was an asset to tennis.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • I think the results are wrong, but I still think Martina is an annoying cow.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been announced that Martina Hingis has been banned from tennis for 2 years, posthomulously you could say since she retired. :)

I find this very sad but I'm curious as to what people thing of her after all this. Do you still like/admire her for what she brought to the sport, and her courage in coming back? Or do you think she's a let-down and disappointment?

EDIT: My title's a bit misleading actually, she never officially appealed. It's more a case of her official statement being disagreed with the ITF.

·
Yes, I am
21,208 Posts
IMO she took cocaine....I assume for pleasure (though this might not sound right)....I think it's her life...she's not gonna be the first or last one to use drugs for "entertainment purposes"

I just hope she can handle the drug and not become an addict, this in case she really took it....:shrug:

·
Registered
191 Posts
If I had to play the wta I would do blow too.;)

It's stupid, they should offer her drug treatment program before banning her for two years.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Bunch of retards at the ITF ! If Martina took doping then there are lot of other girls doing it also.

Reactions: Mimi

·
Registered
24,773 Posts
yes, i do think she did take the cocaine, coz in the judgement, seems no mention of her providing the negative hair test, and the samples should be hers

i feel sorry for her, to have a career ended like this, but we should not be forgetten that its not right to take cocaine, stll i do believe that she is a good person and a good player:wavey:

·
Registered
340 Posts
I think Hingis did take drugs... so it's just right for her to be banned... in any case, she has retired so that shouldn't hurt/affect her in any way...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts