Mens Tennis Forums banner

4th highest peak level?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I think it's more or less agreed Federer, Nadal and Djokovic are top 3 peak level wise, but who'd come next among active players?

I think del Potro, but let's see what MTF thinks. Achivement-wise, Hewitt would be next in line of course.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I voted delpo, mainly because I feel that his average level was already way up there as well, but really all these guys can play insane tennis at times.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Hewitt vs. Serve and Volley.

·
Registered
894 Posts
USO14 Cilic - unleashed the Kraken.:worship:

·
Registered
22,446 Posts
You forgot Ferrer in the poll.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Stan rbelow Birdshit in poll? :facepalm:

Answer is Stan, we all know that.

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
It depends on the surface and what do you mean by peak level. If we're talking about a season, I'd go with peak Murray for sure. On a tournament alone, definitely del Potro or Murray. On a single match, probably Tsonga.

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Davydenko's peak >>> Del Po's peak

·
Registered
22,446 Posts

·
Registered
22,446 Posts
Davydenko's peak >>> Del Po's peak
That's strange, because Del Potro won a slam beating Nadal and Federer back to back, while Davydenko always shat himself against Federer in the slams and never even got close.

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
USO14 Cilic - unleashed the Kraken.:worship:
That's a good call. He was the only one who managaed to not drop any set in the last 3 matches of a Slam (aside from the big 3), only one tiebreak too.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
That's strange, because Del Potro won a slam beating Nadal and Federer back to back, while Davydenko always shat himself against Federer in the slams and never even got close.
but but but

Davydenko beat Nadal in the Shanghai Masters final !

also Nadal was injured

and he beat Del Potro in the WTF final.

·
Bring it Home
21,029 Posts
This is actually a great answer :yeah:

Don't forget Goatsol too, his dismantling of Bautista Agut at the french open was one of the most impressive performance i have ever seen.
Yeah, goatsol has an awesome peak too.

The man in your avatar also would be a good asnwer. Peak Karlovic is obviously unplayable (2nd set against Federer in Basel's SF last year). :D

None of those players Lenderss put as options in the thread are unplayable at their peaks. Among those, I'd say Wawrinka or Delpo.

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Murray at his best beats everyone on that list.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts